4 stroke Heavy Huffy Honda build

GoldenMotor.com

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I am going turn my 2 smoker daily driver into a 4 stroke with a tork coverter trans.I have put over 500 miles on the bike and have worked the bugs out,I want a little more tork and gearing for the hills then have high speed for the long flats.I have burned up my 2 stroke from this and trying to see how much power I cant get out of this little motor.It was a great way to get into building these bikes.
dnut
I am going to leave the bike the same and have a cool idea for a unie strut mount with a adjustable motor plate to adjust chain but here is my pictures of the parts I have so far.

Attachments

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I will need a good air filter to put on this and I will do the header in flex pipe then run solid pipe down the frame,I think 1" would work fine.I am looking for a steady 40 -45 mph with good hill power as well then also the mpg should great.This is my first 4 stroke so I went with honda as I was a service tec for them in the late 90's.Also I got the motor for $57 on Ebay cant go wrong for that.The tork coverter trans is new but will be worth it.

.shft.

Last edited:

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I took out the 2 smoker then tried to put the honda in,going to have to be creative with this one.The cvt trans will also be a problem as the chain comes out from under the cover behind the clutch and not from the back of the housing like I had planed.Also you have to tilt the motor to a 10 deg angle to make it fit the frame at the bottom.I might modify the frame to make it longer then it would fit.

I should have more pictures later,I cant wait to see this go.I have to go do that 4 letter word thing called work this morning then its 2 day off to play with my new toy.
dance1

Last edited:

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
Got my motor in the frame today and set up drive.The spocket is not in line but I have a good idea on that.The motor just fits but it will be worth the hassle.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I had some time today and had to got into work to do my chores so I put the bike in my truck.I remove the stock muffler and broke both studs off so I drilled them out.Next I made a exhast manifold plate and tig welded the pipe on.After that I placed the motor in and marked the mounts removed them and drilled them out,cut the mounts to size then fitted the motor.
dance1
My clutch backing plate needs to be modified so I can move the chain sprocket to the back of the plate not on the inside bye the clutch so my chain will line up.I noticed the build Scotto is doing has the right plate cofiguration so I might just get the right one,but what fun is that.Figureing out things and making them work is were all the funs is and it makes you think.I should have some picture soon but was pouring when I got home.
:-||

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
Bad news my motor wouldnt start on the wood splitter(5hp briggs 25 years old) so I took the honda off the bike to get it going.It worked out great and runs sweet,now I think I will rebuild the Briggs 5 hp and make a all american heavy huffy.The bike,motor and drive was made in the USA why not.

dance1

The only thing wrong with the motor is it has no spark and the sump gasket leaks so wile I am in there I will remove the govenor and put new gaskets and rings in it.I also noticed it is not as wide or as tall as the ohc honda.

dnut

I will do the electronic coil for better spark,3 angle valve job,heaver spings and I have a idea about the intake and carb setup from my china girl motor with a manic intake I have.The carb has got to be better than the briggs and I will just drill the jet out untill it runs good.

.wee.

Last edited: