4 Stroke engine clutch problems!!

GoldenMotor.com

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
If you bang one out, absolutely DO make sure that both the bell and the shaft turn straight, and aren't dented when it's done. Dents in the bell will cause low spots that can grab the clutch at idle. Dents in the shaft will just make it harder to put the sprockets on. I'd say try using your old bell as a practice piece so you can get your new one banged out proper.

If you buy one, same thing. Make sure it turns straight, and has no dents.

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
IMG_20191104_152035.jpg SKU2036805.jpg Hello again the problem has already been solved it turned out the clutch I changed it and everything is ok now the Chinese have put another type of clutch which is not suitable for these engines now I put the standard one and it worked also the drum was not centered well and I scraped it to the lathe there were also broken bearings in gearbox a and also another factory defect was the big gear wheel in gearbox was turned back and scraped.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
View attachment 102875 View attachment 102876 Hello again the problem has already been solved it turned out the clutch I changed it and everything is ok now the Chinese have put another type of clutch which is not suitable for these engines now I put the standard one and it worked also the drum was not centered well and I scraped it to the lathe there were also broken bearings in gearbox a and also another factory defect was the big gear wheel in gearbox was turned back and scraped.
I'm glad you got it fixed! How does it climb now?

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
Now another problem has arisen, no longer banging it, but later it engages the clutch literally before it completes the course of the massage, and it has to be driven at maximum speeds so that I can set the clutch to open the springs slightly, or is there no chance?

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
[QUOTE Terminator84, post: 681596, member: 53474"]Now another problem has arisen, no longer banging it, but later it engages the clutch literally before it completes the course of the massage, and it has to be driven at maximum speeds so that I can set the clutch to open the springs slightly, or is there no chance?[/QUOTE]

You may have gotten a high stall clutch then. All you gotta do is get lighter springs for it.

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
I solved this problem and just stretched the springs slightly and got the problem clear. The springs can be adjusted. I also noticed that these engines are quite prone to clogging the carburetor. yes any but these engines don't eat everything !!

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I solved this problem and just stretched the springs slightly and got the problem clear. The springs can be adjusted. I also noticed that these engines are quite prone to clogging the carburetor. yes any but these engines don't eat everything !!
Nice ingenuity. Get paper fuel and air filters installed. That will reduce the clogging if not stop it. The foam elements might as well do nothing to filter out all the road dust and crap.