4 Stroke engine clutch problems!!

GoldenMotor.com

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
Hello, I recently bought the engine, I put it in and tried to drive it, but it turned out that when I try to start it starts a strong knock from the chain and gearbox and does not want to go well I guess from the clutch and also when the throttle is released. he hears a clinker clutter but to consult your opinions also my gearbox has a chain of ordinary I hope you can point me to the problem.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Hello, I recently bought the engine, I put it in and tried to drive it, but it turned out that when I try to start it starts a strong knock from the chain and gearbox and does not want to go well I guess from the clutch and also when the throttle is released. he hears a clinker clutter but to consult your opinions also my gearbox has a chain of ordinary I hope you can point me to the problem.
First step would be to open up that gearbox, see if it's a broken link in the chain. Next step would be to check the clutch assembly. Then you may want to check the internals of the engine if nothing in the gearbox is broken, or if gearbox stuff was replaced, but it is still making those noises. How well does the engine idle without the gearbox?

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
In the box everything is fine, however, the co-axialist doubts me a lot, because when I light it with a box removed, I see it dissolve and when the gas is released, it rings otherwise, it opens very well and I noticed that my jaw is four on two of them no rubbing deme did not stop well and I slightly noticed that the drum was crooked not moving in a straight line.

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
IMG_20191104_152035.jpg IMG_20191104_152046.jpg This is how the clutch and the drum look, and the drum itself rotates slightly wrong I don't know if there are any tolerances or is it not good?

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
The bell shaft is bent. The sprockets are properly aligned, but based on that wear pattern, your bell itself is crooked. Replace that bell.

However, I feel we need to straighten out a few things here...
20191104_114949.jpg

All of that got me confused. Could you explain what you meant? Coaxialist? Lighting it without a box, and seeing it dissolve? It rings when gas is released? What about your jaw?

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
I mean that when I turn on the gas and force it lightly and return the supplied gas, there is a slight ringing sound that is heard for a while and stops.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I mean that when I turn on the gas and force it lightly and return the supplied gas, there is a slight ringing sound that is heard for a while and stops.
Could you post a short video? It seems like this particular issue is hard to describe. A video would give me all the info I need to diagnose this for ya.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
You have the video set to private instead of unlisted. I can't watch it if it's private. My apologies for forgetting that important detail.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Ok, that ringing is the bell rubbing on some part of the clutch.
20191104_130358.jpg

100% of your ringing sound is coming from that rub spot. This means what I said before, that your bell shaft is bent. Replace the bell as soon as you can. It may have gotten damaged in shipping.

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
Ok yes I already think it is a bell because even if I turn it on my hand it shows how it rams and beats in the sides.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
You've got good instincts, determining the cause but askin experience for confirmation. It was a pleasure helpin you out mate.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Could be the shaft also, i have two brand new pocket bike CVT's and both have warble. Turns out the threads on the shaft are corked, tried a new bell and still warble.Them are cheap transmissions .........Curt

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
Today I took down the bell and measured it and it turned out that there is a deviation of 4 tenths of a millimeter in countries now I am thinking of banging a new bell.