4 stroke aftermarket airfilter

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
So when your using a catch can to collect the oil and gas coming out of the crankcase breather, does it have to be an airtight and specialized catch can like an automotive one or can you just run the hose off the crankcase into just any old can basically? I just got into motorized bikes and just switched my stock 4 stroke carb to an NT carb, and had been running it with the hose just hanging to the side with no can or anything
Yep, run it into anything that will catch it. Can needs to be vented .
The one from SBP will need no catch can. It recycles through the little black hose.

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
Yep, run it into anything that will catch it. Can needs to be vented .
The one from SBP will need no catch can. It recycles through the little black hose.
So if I get one of those ebay catch cans I can just run the black hose into the inlet, leave the outlet port open to vent it, and in my twisted little mind that will work? I really like the look of those catch cans on ebay with the little air filter on them and Im obsessed with aesthetics

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I'm still gathering parts (will post pics of build soon), I have a SBP air filter going on a Huasheng 142F, and I found this catch can :http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019OKU1QO/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

It looks like it will work with a few slight mods. Mounting might be simple with muffler clamps mounted to the seat tube if there's room and it's the right size, I'll have to see how it fits best when I have all the parts.

Thanks for all the great info in this thread!
LOL! That can looks like it will hold more oil then the motor, don’t need to be very big. It is just a pleasure relief. One of them little energy drink bottles woul be big enough. No real oil comes out, just a little rosado alone with the vent air. .........Curt

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
That’s still a pretty large can for a bike.. I think you may have had your eye on this style from the get go. It is cool!