30cc friction drive POLAND

GoldenMotor.com

Dr. Fun

Mar 10, 2021
Greetings from BC Canada, I recently found an old gas powered bicycle motor someone had brought over from Europe many years ago. Although it hasn't ever been used here it appears to be in good condition. I've been trying to start it with no luck so far. Does anyone know the gas mix ratio for this 2 stroke motor? Also, when I engage the clutch, while rolling down a hill, it seems to kick over once (as it tries to start) and then the clutch seems to disengage automatically. Is that a normal thing with these motors? I appreciate any info you might have because if I can get this thing running it would be very cool.. Thanks Dr. Fun

Reactions: fasteddy

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
A lot of older engines were 32 to 1, but also before the new oils come out and less is needed. Just about all the new engines Chain saw and the like are 40 to one even 50 to one.............Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hello Dr. Fun, from White Rock B.C. Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a photo of the motor? Some one on here may recognize it and can tell you more about it. Any idea what country it was made in?

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Did a tour around the internet and the company made a lot of different motors both gas and diesel starting in 1920 in the German part of what is now Poland.. They were on everything including lawnmowers. Renault purchased the company in the 1970's and given the French spelling of the word motor it was probably from that time forward.

Interesting motor indeed. I hope someone sees it and knows more about them.

Steve.

Dr. Fun

Mar 10, 2021
Did a tour around the internet and the company made a lot of different motors both gas and diesel starting in 1920 in the German part of what is now Poland.. They were on everything including lawnmowers. Renault purchased the company in the 1970's and given the French spelling of the word motor it was probably from that time forward.

Interesting motor indeed. I hope someone sees it and knows more about them.

Steve.
Thanks a million Steve, I appreciate you looking into this for me. I'll keep searching because it's something pretty special to come across and I'd sure like to get it running.. Let's stay in touch.. Gary