2nd Flat Rear Tire ~

GoldenMotor.com

bonefish

May 7, 2018
Was it a Mr. Tuffy tire liner that you had or some other brand like slime? There’s a difference. Those slime tire liners stink bad.

Chopperoad

Apr 25, 2020
Orlando, Fl
Was it a Mr. Tuffy tire liner that you had or some other brand like slime? There’s a difference. Those slime tire liners stink bad.
I'm not sure. I know they cause drag.
They make the bike harder to pedal but with a motor I'm not going to worry about that issue. It must fit well tough. I have 30 days to return it.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
If you have double walled rims sometimes small metal shards can be in the hollow section of the rim. I discovered this when I kept getting flats. It'd always be on the inner part of the circle of the tube but in different locations. After fishing out all the shards the flats went away.

Chopperoad

Apr 25, 2020
Orlando, Fl
If you have double walled rims sometimes small metal shards can be in the hollow section of the rim. I discovered this when I kept getting flats. It'd always be on the inner part of the circle of the tube but in different locations. After fishing out all the shards the flats went away.
What happened to me was rode trash. 1st was wire like a pAper clip. 2md was a name bamboo.
Both destroyed the inner tubes.
I tried patching both for 2hrs each with no luck. Had to replace both tubes.
I ain't dealing with that anymore!

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
What happened to me was rode trash. 1st was wire like a pAper clip. 2md was a name bamboo.
Both destroyed the inner tubes.
I tried patching both for 2hrs each with no luck. Had to replace both tubes.
I ain't dealing with that anymore!
Often people don't understand the legal far right requirements for cyclist. A cyclist is only required to ride to the far right if the lane is wide enough for lane sharing. This isn't the same thing as lane splitting where cyclist are allowed to ride between vehicles stopped at traffic lights when certain conditions exist. Lane sharing is legal throughout the the USA; however, lane splitting is only legal in a few states.

I explained all of this to let you know if a lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing then you have the right to use the whole lane. The safest place for you is in the center of the lane. This way you'll avoid road debris.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loop

Chopperoad

Apr 25, 2020
Orlando, Fl
Often people don't understand the legal far right requirements for cyclist. A cyclist is only required to ride to the far right if the lane is wide enough for lane sharing. This isn't the same thing as lane splitting where cyclist are allowed to ride between vehicles stopped at traffic lights when certain conditions exist. Lane sharing is legal throughout the the USA; however, lane splitting is only legal in a few states.

I explained all of this to let you know if a lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing then you have the right to use the whole lane. The safest place for you is in the center of the lane. This way you'll avoid road debris.

Chopperoad

Apr 25, 2020
Orlando, Fl
I don't like riding in the road but it's quickest. Then there's also sand Spurs.
I may just get a liner for the front wheel.
I'm fixing this problem...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Believe me or don't, I pushed a #30 rivet into my tire just to show my son in law how fast the slime seals.....yes, he's still riding the bike and we didn't even have to add air. (that was last summer when he was telling me how bad slime was.)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Finally Slime has lovers and haters and seemingly nothing in between.
Don't use it if you let you bike sit for extended periods.
Don't use it in very cold climates.
Be careful when you put it in the tube, and DON'T get it on anything you care about.

Do enjoy riding around town until the tires are bald, then re-use the tubes in the next set....

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon