2nd Annual Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise 2016

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
One question I forgot to ask.....are the mbs required to have plates there? If not ,where does a Whizzer fall in those rules.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Racie35;

Plates and registration are not required on these motorized bicycles here in Illinois. That's the good news.

But they might be required on a Whizzer since it won't fit the criteria for a 'motor assisted bicycle'. At a guess I'd say that it probably needs to be registered as a moped.

But most States and localities will honor the laws of the home State for visiting motor vehicles. You'd be wise to have some proof of residency with you.

And, like so many other places, law enforcement around here doesn't seem to care very much about these bikes as long as the rider isn't giving them some reason to care.

So I'm guessing that you'll, technically, be non-legal. But I'll bet you can get away with a visit and a bit of riding.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I'm currently trying to get it plated here in Indiana, but they're struggling to pick a category. Whatever it ends up it should be fine with a plate

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Even the small scooters here get a plate. The dmv.s problem right now is what class the Whizzer actually is and what's needed on it.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I wish this was a couple day event! I would have a 8hr drive and would pick up Bruce on the way,but. Drive 8 ,hope not but what if weather is not good turn around for another 8. Could get a hotel room if it was a 2 day event Have fun!!!!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'll tell you what.....if any out-of-towners want to make it a two day thing, then I'll make myself available on Sunday as well. I'll bet some of the other locals would be willing to do the same.

For that matter, we could offer crash space to one or two visitors. We don't have a spare bed or bedroom. It would be a sleeping bag on the living room floor. And our home is modest. No luxuries. But it's safe and the shower works. And will.....probably.....still be working in June.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Looks like I may have to sit this one out. Going to the 'outback' of Arkansas in a couple of weeks and I've been 'invited' to spend a week in Hilton Head, SC the first week of July. I don't know if the fundage will allow everything. We'll see how everything plays out.......

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I'll tell you what.....if any out-of-towners want to make it a two day thing, then I'll make myself available on Sunday as well. I'll bet some of the other locals would be willing to do the same.

For that matter, we could offer crash space to one or two visitors. We don't have a spare bed or bedroom. It would be a sleeping bag on the living room floor. And our home is modest. No luxuries. But it's safe and the shower works. And will.....probably.....still be working in June.
If anyone wants to rough it...folks are always welcome to pitch a tent in my yard. All my rooms are filled....and I SURE AINT GIVING UP MY BED!!LOL
laff

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I wish this was a couple day event! I would have a 8hr drive and would pick up Bruce on the way,but. Drive 8 ,hope not but what if weather is not good turn around for another 8. Could get a hotel room if it was a 2 day event �� Have fun!!!!
Anyone who wants to hang around an extra day to ride some more is fine with me. Got plenty of routes we can ride.