A.T.G., A.T.T

"All the gear, all the time"

But maybe we should add to it:

"All the gear, all the time.......and no selfie sticks"

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Kirk

Looking at the hourly forecast...the hottest part of the day is going to be at 3pm. So if everyone who has stated they are coming shows up by 10am or before...we may try to start our ride as early as possible. So...if everyone is here, would be nice to start cruise at 10am rather then 11am. Our cruise to Avon and back should get us back to my place at Lunch time if we get the earlier start. My wife Heather can have a BBQ lunch ready for us when we return and then we can take another 1 hour round trip cruise after lunch...hopefully getting us back right before hottest part of the day. So.. would sure be nice to get everything in between 10am to 3pm if possible and miss the hottest temps.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'd suggest, though, that we shouldn't ought to go too far out of our way to get that early start in order to beat the heat. Because we're gonna be stuck with the heat no matter what.

Still, I'll try very hard to get there before 10:00. And I'm sure we'll manage it. So that we don't hold the group back.

But it's gonna be hot, hot, hot no matter what time we start.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Glad to see they got that car fixed back up in time. I like the bike hauler you got there. I need one of those on my car for my trip to Estes Park Colorado later this summer.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Glad to see they got that car fixed back up in time. I like the bike hauler you got there. I need one of those on my car for my trip to Estes Park Colorado later this summer.
Yeah just in the nick of time too. Got her back yesterday. I like the bike hauler, but I'd much rather have one that holds from the wheels. I feel like the gas tank gonna rip off!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Yeah just in the nick of time too. Got her back yesterday. I like the bike hauler, but I'd much rather have one that holds from the wheels. I feel like the gas tank gonna rip off!

I've got a Reese Sportwing that has hauled my bike many thousands of miles. The Sportwing has brackets that go through the wheels. Have had zero issues.

I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this event --- had planned on it, but y'all know how things work sometimes. Maybe next year!!

Have fun and be careful.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Mike

My brother and I use motorola FM radios equipped with headsets. So perhaps your radios are FM as well and able to run on same channel? Sounds like you guys are well prepared. No survival plan is complete without beer. LOL

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Mike

My brother and I use motorola FM radios equipped with headsets. So perhaps your radios are FM as well and able to run on same channel? Sounds like you guys are well prepared. No survival plan is complete without beer. LOL
No FM here just some CB stuff. well that is what I think it is.

I know the beer will be cold though.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Man, you guys, I really wanted to be there but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm sitting here waiting for the first reports. My Minnesota trip fell through and some other things came up and kept me home but I really missed the trip this year and the fun that I know you had.

Let's see those videos as soon as you can post them.

Tom