27" Colombia 15 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
(c)Hey Guys, I was riding around and came across a garage sale. They have had it in the garage since their son went to school. No rust. Flat tires though. I gave them $15.00 for it. The tires are VERY narrow. With a motor it will most likely go REAL Fast. Will a bike like support a 50cc motor? Or would It be so fast I would most likely kill myself. I have never ridden a motorized bike yet.:(
When I was yonger I got them to 40+ w/o motor. Suicide? (c)

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
These kits were originally designed to fit on large Chinese bikes with 28" wheels . It will be right at home in the large frame . The ride will be rough though on very narrow 27" wheels . ...... D.J.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
I believe that it is an Indian copy of a British bike . I was trying to buy it on eBay but the seller would not sell to Canada . He had several new in the box . I have since heard that they were death traps and the rod style brakes worked as if they were ornamental . ..... D.J.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I believe that it is an Indian copy of a British bike . I was trying to buy it on eBay but the seller would not sell to Canada . He had several new in the box . I have since heard that they were death traps and the rod style brakes worked as if they were ornamental . ..... D.J.
Even at their best rod brakes were pretty much ornamental so they were probably working perfectly... the really horrible thought is that there were cars fitted with rod brakes back in the day - I guess it kept the population down but that would be their only advantage.

Having looked at the bike I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be based on one of the Humber bikes but I am not sure

Jemma xx