2002 Whizzer Pacemaker 2 Carb Tuning

GoldenMotor.com

Whizzer87

Jun 26, 2016
Tiffin,Oh
Hello ladies and gentleman,

Im new to the forums here. Ive been around the block a few times with motorized bicycles, and now i have stepped up the the Whizzer level.

I just purchased my first real whizzer on friday. It is a 2002 whizzer pacemaker 2.

I found it in michigan and bought it from an old guy who bought it to put on the back of his RV, but he couldn't lift it up and down so it sat in his garage for years upon years until now!!

It has 152 ORIGINAL MILES!!!! WHAAAAT!!! It is in MINT condition and looks like it should be on the showroom floor.

Now to the nitty gritty,

she ran sub par when i got her, and i figured it was because she sat for so long.

I have since cleaned the carb, drained tank and put new gas in, got a new spark plug, changed oil, and tightened everything up to the specs outlined in the whizzer dealer repair manual.

now......

I cannot seem to get the carb tuned correctly, I've always been bad with carbs, but i just can't get it. The air screw is 1 1/2 turns out as the manual says is a good starting point, and i have the needle on the recommended notch, one from the bottom.

I have moved the needle around and adjusted the screw multiple times with the needle in different positions, and the engine still wants to bog down, and i cannot hit full speed. Very slow start while bogging down, and i cannot hit a top end over 20-25 mph but it sure takes a LONG time do get there. This can't be right.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! I will post pics of her soon!!!

thank you all, heres to the start of a lot of questions and answers on this forum....thanks guys!!!

Lucas.shft.

Whizzer87

Jun 26, 2016
Tiffin,Oh
posted pics, just waiting on a moderator to approve !!! Cant wait to hear what you guys have to say!!! i cannot wait to get her running like a champion!

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I'm pretty sure yours is the auto clutch, by the pic of your back wheel.
In 2002 Whizzer USA used the 3rd millennium Auto clutch. Best clutch ever. Yup, I do.
2001 Pacemaker used this one. :)

Ray

Attachments