20" KTMc GP Socal Racer

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by Wild Bill, May 7, 2016.

1. JohnDoe

JohnDoe New Member

That is so cool, I have see ware people will do that to cars, (Ricers) but it's nice to see that the fairings is not just for looks. Are you worried about touching knee, and what top speed are you expecting? Also when/ware are these races?

Sincerely,
    John Doe

2. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

You did a great job on this bike...Bill...got the motor to represent thats for sure...now get those leathers going and your complete...lol

3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

John, the next race is in Apple Valley in So. Cal. on Oct 22. The track is a kart track and is only big enuff to hit around 45 mph.

CCC, Thanks. I already have a Repsol leather jacket so I did the bike to match. I also found a helmet in Repsol colors.

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since Im done with all the fabrication I tore the bike all apart for final assembly (It was all just finger tight for mockup). I finally cut out the foam sheet for the seat padding and stuck it on. Now Im taking the engine apart for rebuilding, mild porting and new reeds and cage along with a new bigger carb.

5. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

Got the engine work done except for the top end kit didn't have a head gasket, if that gets here tomorrow I will do the first test ride Sunday. I also put on a GPS speedo and tach and temp gauges.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1A9eIfTQg

Finally got the first test ride in. Heres the very first run on it, since its a new top end I was taking it kinda easy but did hit 45 mph which means the gearing is right for the track we normally race at.

7. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

That looks awesome, your builds are always a treat to see! This might be a lame question but does enough air get through the fairing to cool the engine enough? Doesn't the motor require air flow to air cool it?

8. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

Thanks Tyler, no cooling problem at all, the front of the fairing behind the front tire is a great big air duct that flows air directly onto the engine, the bike the fairing is off of is also air cooled and it has no cooling problems either. You can see the opening in this pic.....

[​IMG]

9. BobbyT

BobbyT Member

Nice job Bill
    I am looing forward to seeing it at the next race.

10. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

Thanks Bobby, I cant wait until October! See ya there.

11. FFV8

FFV8 New Member

I might have to make the drive down in October just to see you race it Bill.

B.

12. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

Don't just come to watch, bring a bike and race.

13. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

I'll be there with my pretty basic slightly better than stock bike. It's not really a race bike but its good enough to have fun!

14. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

If its on a race track, its a race bike. My Son ran a nearly bone stock engine for a few races.

15. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

Well, look for me at the race, I will be behind you.

16. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

Are you going to the Friday practice? Dan and I should be there Friday.

17. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

Yes, definitely, I need all the practice I can get! This will be only my third race but the first time at Grange I had mechanical difficulties in practice and didn't get to race but I did race Willow Springs. I will be there Friday as early as possible. Stop by my motorhome and say "hello", it's a faded brown older model Class A, 34' Fleetwood Bounder. I will be there with my friend Kevin who will be racing his bike for the second time. I can't wait to see your bike!

xct2