2 bike stolen in san diego

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by hawaii_87, Dec 22, 2011.

1. hawaii_87

hawaii_87 San Diego's Master Ride Organizer

Thank you. I hope so too because the next build will be a Felt MP with a 79cc or 99cc so i can tow a kayak to Mission Bay and I'll be damned if anyone gets ahold of that frame and motor without my knowledge or permission.

2. foundmydog

foundmydog New Member

Just a curious thought here... that many bikes stolen from you... forgive me for saying this, but it is starting to sound like an inside job if you will... perhaps a not so close friend or a jealous friend???

3. hawaii_87

No I think it's someone who knows what their doing. It was next to a window with a u-lock on it. and a bright security light on it.

4. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Well-Known Member

My suggestion is not to build any MB's (especially that Felt), until you move to a safer location.

If not, damned or not, they'll have your Felt.:-||

5. hawaii_87

I'm gonna build it. Its just not going to be here.

6. huffy80

huffy80 New Member

Sorry to hear about your bikes. Any update on finding them?

Let's make the next group ride on a Sunday?

7. hawaii_87

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Ok so I havnt gotten them yet but I have a suspect. I dont want to get into details but will post as soon as I know. Don't worry I am going through with everything legally. Will keep you guys updated.

8. DaveC

DaveC Member

WHOOO HOOO!! Get em', 87! Dam varmits, anyway. Last one I caught stealing from me almost ate my baseball bat but he was too fast for me. It was the 3rd time the cops photographed my baseball bat. ...and I still have it :D

9. The_Aleman

The_Aleman New Member

see: the movie "Felon".

Ya never know...

10. DaveC

DaveC Member

I can see that happening other places but not here. The band I was in got ripped for around $2000 worth of gear. When we were at the Boise City Police station a Sgt. said to us. "You know what a baseball bat looks like, don't you?"

And like I said my bat has been photo'd 3 times with a reason for each time. My Carl Yastremski Little League bat is leaning against my bedpost as I type. (turns out to actually be worth between $75 and $100!!) And I think a thief would last longer against it that my Ruger Security Six .357 Magnum....

11. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Well-Known Member

The cops told me to carry a baseball and a glove with the bat in the car.

Just in case.....

12. charliechaindrive.

charliechaindrive. New Member

Hehe, nice choice. My friends dad just picked up a set of late 1700's dueling pistols, they both fire too. Good luck hawaii, if you get the bikes back, kick the thiefs in the "nads"*

*beavis and butthead huh huh huh :)laff

13. The Transporter

The Transporter New Member

Sorry to here of your lost bro! I have had my share of things stolen from me that meant alot. Not a good feeling,always said I like to catch the mother trucker who did it but I would in up in the slammer if ya know what mean!!! Hopefully youll get 2 bikes that are even better than you had keep your head up brother things will come your way!!

14. DaveC

DaveC Member

The only glove I have is a '50's kids glove I turned down a $50 offer. It's a Mickey Mantel glove that in good times I think I can get well over $100 for.

I don't think the cops would believe that I was going to go play ball with it ;) but I can sure find one at a used sporting goods place :)

15. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

I'm sorry to hear you got hit again, that really sucks.

Considering the money we pour in to our bikes, adding a camera system to the area isn't that bad. Among others, Walmart has this option: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Linksys-Wireless-N-Internet-Home-Surveillance-Camera/13909290?findingMethod=rr.

I got the one I'm using at Costco, for about the same or a little less price. From what I'm looking at from the Walmart website though, this one looks pretty good as a starting package: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SVAT-TWR301-GX012-Digital-Wireless-DVR-Security-System-with-receiver-SD-Card-Recording-and-Long-Range-Night-Vision-Cameras/15052132?findingMethod=rr.
    The DVR included is a nice thing, the Uniden I've got is plugged into our house server PC to display and to record video.

16. Mildfury

Mildfury New Member

Hope you find your bikes. Have you guys thought about gps. I have one of the pet gps on my bike and it help me get my bike back once and put the person in jail for a long while since i had the receipt for my bike and it was 4k they were charged with grand theft. I can track my bike on my cellphone. It was 150 bucks for the pet gps. It does work.

17. hawaii_87

Hey Mildfury. Can you give me the link to the pet gps??? Nothing yet. Seems I'm being watched. No guy no movement nothing.

18. Mildfury

Mildfury New Member

Hawaii the gps i got was from zoombak.com. I atttached it to bottom of my seat. Hope it turns out well for you.

19. andrewflores17

andrewflores17 New Member

20. nightcruiser

nightcruiser New Member

I like the idea of a GPS on my bike, but at $150 for the device and $180 per year for the service I think the cost pretty much negates the benefit. I wish there were a more affordable device available that does not require a monthly service to track it....