160 mile trip a success

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I love my chengine , no problems , no trouble, a perfect road trip on a beautiful weekend in the midwest. my trip was excellent . some bumpy roads, some rock roads, some highways, chased by a large dog , which the dog just ended up eating my dust. stopped @ a few watering holes along the way. questions and answer's at every stop. which I enjoy anyway. stopped at a few geo-cache's along the way and signed the log book's. 70 degree's on Sat. and 80 degree's on Sun. took my time on Sat. it took about 5.5 hours to ride there and about 4 hrs. on the way home. sorry but I didnt have a digital camera with me to show you my travels, but I do have a few from the morning of.

Attachments

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Gee and I was proud of myself for doing a 4 mile round trip today! :p Congratulations! I hope to get some touring in eventually. It sounds like a great trip!!

Oakian1952

Sep 29, 2008
College Station, TX
I like that front fender! Is that something that came with the bike or that you added later? My fender came off in the first 100 miles, and I would really like to get a better one.

tylerlough

May 28, 2008
Mishawaka, IN
An 80 mile trip is the farthest I've gone. I did do 100 miles in one day but I stopped by home to rest and eat. I find it difficult to not go full throttle so I only get 120mpg with my 33 tooth.
I like the bags and cooler you took. Wearing a backpack filled with stuff gets old and hurts my 20 yr old back.
Some future trip ideas of mine are long night rides and winter rides.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I rode over to Dax place yesterday and was so proud of myself. Then I sat down tonight and read about your 160 mile trip. Now I feel silly. (Dax lives about fifteen blocks from me.)
Congratulations on your success. That had to feel great.
Question: When you got home did you go sit in the garage and just look at your bike for a few minutes? Did you tell it "thanks" ? I'm one of those sentimental old fools who does things like that. Took the hot rod on a 2000 mile trip this past July and the night I got home I went back out to the garage and just stared at the car for a while then said my "thank you" before I went to bed. Men and their machines...
Tom
Easy Ridin'

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
yes I did! if you dont the bike will be angry and do something like not run or start leaking. wipe your bike down after every run and talk to it, let it know how much you appreciate it, and always be there for each other. wait a minute I gotta go here comes my better half she is always jealous.:rolleyes:

jerseykat1

yes I did! if you dont the bike will be angry and do something like not run or start leaking. wipe your bike down after every run and talk to it, let it know how much you appreciate it, and always be there for each other. wait a minute I gotta go here comes my better half she is always jealous.:rolleyes:
ha my wife would kill me. she is already upset i spend so much time in the garage now. I just got a new motor kit too, time for my next build.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
well j-cat its better to be in the garage at home then it is to be out with the boys somewhere or in a tavern renting beer! at least she knows where to find you(^)