1200 mile trip, need advice!

GoldenMotor.com

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
hey yall! This is my first post, but I have been trawling the forum for info for some days now.
I only wish I had known about this forum last fall when I was building my first MB!
Oh the hours I could have saved. It is to bad that BGF doesnt post a link in his ebay store.
Gee, I wonder why not...

Anyway, I am planning on taking my third build out on the road for a kind of a long spin (over a
thousand miles) and I wanted to get some forum wisdom before I start the build.

I plan on using either one 80 (66cc) on a reinforced and modified schwinn frame, or twin 48cc motors in a hand built reverse trike frame (designs
to follow)

The main things I need help with are choosing the motor/s, getting the most durability and gas mileage out of it/them, as well as advice on aftermarket parts or mods that might smooth out my ride.

In exchange, I would be happy to post photos at every stop along the way, along with any breakdowns I have, & what it takes to fix them.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Any 70cc china built engine will do. Just follow some of the pointers on this site pertaining to the area of the engine you wish to modify and get to it.

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
gee 1000miles that would be a fun trip. dont get to lost :p
yer the 70cc china build are a reliable engine if u have a little engine knowlage. with the frame make sure it a strong frame.
and you might want to have some suspension and a fat seat for comfyness.
Good luck.

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
I'v been trying to make my bike to "1200 mile" specs although the longest trip i'll be making is only about 50 lol. For that much riding i suggest and "bench seat" with a backrest, about 60 bucks on ebay.. You'll need atleast some foam grips to help with the vibrations, but i say go all out and do rubber motor mounts (you'll need some sort of head stay if you do this), lead shot in the handlebars, ect. I'v got a rack with the saddle bag style rack on the back, i keep tire removal tools, a pump, tubes, adjustable wrench, and hex wrenches. You'll need a basket with spare gas or atleast oil to fill up at gas stations.. If you think you might need it, bring it. lol