RI. Ride

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm hosting a ride from my house in Smithfield, on June 16.
The route will be mostly the same as my previous rides. A 10 mile ride early on and a 20 mi ride to end the day.
We will meet up around 11 and hit the road at 12.
My adress is 3 Douglas Cir Smithfield RI.Here is a quick video of some of the route.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbgbvL1pYgA

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I'm still healing but wish I could...last rides my bikes took were under my brother not me...I did get the 26mm carb on the ambassador, so now both bikes are running. Surely there are some guys close down for this?

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
is that road in Smithfield? looks like a nice quiet road. there are some good backroads that go through north Smithfield/burriville as well.

I'm down to take a ride. I work on saturdays so I don't know if I can do the 15th but the 16th would work.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
is that road in Smithfield? looks like a nice quiet road. there are some good backroads that go through north Smithfield/burriville as well.

I'm down to take a ride. I work on saturdays so I don't know if I can do the 15th but the 16th would work.
Yup that road is on the North Smithfield line. I ride all between RT7, 44, 116, and 102 . The ride will be officially be on the 16th.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm still healing but wish I could...last rides my bikes took were under my brother not me...I did get the 26mm carb on the ambassador, so now both bikes are running. Surely there are some guys close down for this?
Sorry to hear your still down. I hope your back up and riding soon . Let me know when your ready for a ride and we can get together again.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Bump
Any one interested? It's a great route you should try to be there.

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
Count me in, I'll be going on the 16th! To anyone not familiar with the area there is a lot of great backroads for a motorized bicycle joyride.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
...is there anyone in the Cranston area who could stop by my place and help me troubleshoot my bike?

...i'm pretty sure it's something simple as it was running great until i swapped gastanks and removed the rear fender, ...the fender was a real pain to remove and required me to remove the rear wheel.

...i also swapped out some of the cheap hardware with new stuff from SickBikeParts and while i was at it i installed a sound dampening kit, also from SBP.

...everything APPEARS to be fine but when i peddle and pop the clutch it doesn't bite and cough itself to life anymore, i'm getting resistance with the clutch engaged but no coughing to life.

...i'm not a trained mechanic, just an old guy handy with tools, and this is my first motorized bike so i lack confidence and i don't want to create a problem for real so if there is anyone in my area willing to help i'd greatly appreciate it.

...if i can get the bike running again i'll be down for that ride, ...i've actually been looking forward to meeting other RI riders.

anyway, if anyone thinks they might could help a brother out and/or wants to see pics of the bike in question, or wants some details on exactly what i did on the bike, please let me know.

peace, Rick

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Hay Bozo if you can get a ride with your bike to my place the day of the ride. I'm shure we can get it going and if not i can loan you a bike for the ride.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Hay Bozo if you can get a ride with your bike to my place the day of the ride. I'm shure we can get it going and if not i can loan you a bike for the ride.
...thanks man but the bike is my only transport, ...no WAY i can peddle all the way to Smithfield, lol.

...if i get decent weather tomorrow i'll take it out into the back yard and throw it up on the bike stand and start trying to troubleshoot it myself, ...i guess i'll start by verifying that i have spark and fuel flow, ...all i did to the motor was to take the magneto cover and clutch cover off so i could install that sound dampening kit and when i re-assembled i used the new bolts from SBP.

...and like i said, i had to remove the rear wheel to get the fender off so i'm worried maybe i didn't put it back together right, it LOOKS fine and seems to spin true but like i also said, i lack experience and confidence and i don't want to make matters worse than they already are.

...btw, last week i also replaced the stock plug and boot with parts from SBP and while i didn't notice any performance improvement with the new plug and boot, it didn't lose any performance either, ...it's still new with less than 150 miles on it so it's still not broken in yet.

...i thought buying an already assembled bike would give me the time to learn by maintaining my bike but i see now that i might have been better off just buying a kit and assembling it myself, if i'd done it that way i'd not be having this conversation i don't think, lol.

...so i'm seriously considering buying myself a kit and motorizing another bike, ...i'd planned on doing this anyway as a winter project but i'm thinking i might not wait.

anyway, thanks for the offer of the loaner but i think i'd rather wait until i can ride my own bike, ...hopefully i'll get it running before the 16th and i can ride it out to Smithfield and share in the ride and the comaraderie.

peace, bozo

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Since it seems like their is only going to be 3 of us. I'm going to skip the cookout and just get some pizza and sodas.
I'll give the adress and time tomorow after i clear up some details.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Ok. I'm just going to post the time and adress for the ride. We will meet up around 11 and start the ride around noon. I'll order some pizzas when i get a head count ,so they will be ready when we get back from the first ride.
The adress is 3 Douglas cir. Smithfield(Greenville) RI. 02828

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Looks like great weather for the fathers day rally! Think I'll bring my new build but dosen't have much time on it.