Heavy duty lay back posts

GoldenMotor.com

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
I have a few more of these layback posts to offer. I will be making some more soon. These are solid 1 inch bar turned down to 7/8 for seat clamp. If you are interested in different angles I could surely do that too. 18$ plus $7 shipping

Last edited:

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
The one inch post listed weighs just under 4 pounds. I have not completed the 13/16 posts yet. I can give you that weight when completed. Surely not a good option if you are trying to cut bike weight.

My original intention was to have the solid bar in the seat tube for a little bit more motor clamp support and vibration help. I have used these on a few of my own bikes and love them. Cant really claim any vibration reduction though.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Excellent, exactly what I have been looking for on my new build! Once I get things bolted up and know that my new frame will work out ok, I will hit you up. It is a 1988 Schwinn HD, so not sure if it is 7/8" or 13/16"; my cheapo slide caliper sucks nickles. I will find out for sure beforehand.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I had one of these posts on my last bike, it was excellent. Bent solid bar, how can you go wrong? The fit was great and length was perfect, and the price was right. When I do another build, I will be looking for these again!

Thanks for the great lay backs.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
I do continue to make these. Just realized that I hadnt bumped my thread here in a while. Stock sizes still available in 5/8 13/16 7/8 and 1 inch. Custom sizes available upon request.
Still $15 plus actual shipping for stock sizes

Thanks for checking them out!

Mar 31, 2013
RI
I do continue to make these. Just realized that I hadnt bumped my thread here in a while. Stock sizes still available in 5/8 13/16 7/8 and 1 inch. Custom sizes available upon request.
Still $15 plus actual shipping for stock sizes

Thanks for checking them out!
...i'm definitely interested, i'll just need a week or two to get a feel for my new bike, ...i just bought it from Pirate Cycles and i'm going for my first ride this morning so i want to get a feel for it first. i had them put the fuel tank under the rear rack and that caused a wrinkle in my plans and i am unable to use the layback seatpost i got with the bike, there's just no way to secure the rack to the post they make.

...if you don't mind a noob posting a couple of pics in your thread i'll post up a couple so you can see what i'm working with.

AFTER i get back from my ride, lol.

peace, bozo

Mar 31, 2013
RI
...high man, sorry i didn't get this up yesterday.

anyway, first, here is a pic of the original layback post that became unusable once the tank and rack were installed and now that i have the bike in my possession i can see i'm gonna need to tweak that whole setup as i seriously don't like the way the guys at Pirate Cycles installed it, particularly the fuel line routing which you can see in the second pic.

...what that means is i'm gonna need a couple weeks to get the feel of the bike and to let my mind percolate a little and figure out a way to McGuyver that tank/rack setup and to decide which of your post's to go with, i'm thinking one with just an angle but i have to figure a better way to mount that damned rack first, lol.

peace, bozo