Bought a 48 Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I just picked up an original 48 Whizzer. The engine will be going to Quenton for overhaul & performance work. I'll post as the work is done. I'm not going to restore it because it's in very good condition.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Here's some pictures of the unusual handlebars & throttle controls. The handlebars are low like drag bars but do have curves in them. maybe one of the Whizzer experts knows more about them. It also has a speedometer that works.

1941ford

Dec 18, 2011
shirley ny
kool bike looks like a wz and an auto clutch,them controls are tyco and used on travis engines,im with you on not restoring ,original bikes are hard to come by,i bought a nice 1949-50 pacemaker yesterday along with whizzer deluxe speedometer .

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
Nice ride Jay, your collecting too many youre gonna have to sell me one ha ha. I just watched Mecum auction last night and a 49 went for 6,000.00 last November it was a repeat motorcycle auction version of the show.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
I just love it. Looks like its been well taken care of from day one. I really dig that color scheme and the ornament on the front fender. Like I said, only to church on Sunday. Thank you for the info. Grant

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hey jbcruisin how's your rider coming along? I'd ride that on Sunday forsure!!

Ray
I've gone over the bike. Bearings, tires & stuff and it's ready to go. Quenton's done with the engine except for the cam. We've been waiting a couple months for my neighbor ,who is a tool & die machinist, to grind my cam.He was in the hospital but now is back to work & said he's working on it now. That's all we're waiting for.
Jay

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I've gone over the bike. Bearings, tires & stuff and it's ready to go. Quenton's done with the engine except for the cam. We've been waiting a couple months for my neighbor ,who is a tool & die machinist, to grind my cam.He was in the hospital but now is back to work & said he's working on it now. That's all we're waiting for.
Jay
I bought a 300 motor from Quenton back about 2 years now, just haven't been able to get things going, I got the bike and all the parts but going thur some hard times right now. hope to get things better soon! keep us posted.

Ray