Most insane Trike ever.......

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This trike was built buy a guy who live's in the neighborhood named Rick. He built this trike from the ground up, fabricated everthing you see on it and the attention to detail is unsurpassed. It is a mind blower to see in person....absolute perfection!

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/img0839co.jpg/]
[/URL]

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Some things of interest on the build.......29" front wheel with disc-brake mounted to a custom made springer from scratch. 24" rear wheels with dual disc-brakes and custom made fenders from scratch. The levers custom made, the frame also with detail that that can only be truly appreciated seeing it in person. Rick is an awesome machinist and just builds his bikes for fun and rides them for the same........FUN! I'll try to post some better pics of his work in the near future.

dnut

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
Hey, Scotto, This Is a Trick Truck.. that bed Is Off the scales. Then those forks. Smart Stuff going .
Thanks for sharing.
Helmutt

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Scotto, thanks for sharing this build, my sick mind is thinking something similar to this Stretch Cruiser Trike build with a vintage style pickup truck bed!

So Cool!!!

C.H.

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Did he cut the louvers in the body work....Mad props for that! (the custom body men around here make a mint doing them.

love the attention to detail thats obviouse in the cainstays.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Did he cut the louvers in the body work....Mad props for that! (the custom body men around here make a mint doing them.

love the attention to detail thats obviouse in the cainstays.
Yup, he did everything you see on that bike (except some components of course) from raw materials.

Very nice looking springer!
rc
And the springer was made from 3/8" steel plate then chromed.....no tubes used in that beefy fork. 29" front wheel used on the front and 24" Atomlabs used for the rears. You really need to see this trike in person to truly appreciate it!

dnut

Last edited:

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
I believe even more-so than the Disc Brake on this Excellentlly Designed home-made Springer Forks. I draw your attention to this little square box. I believe, (and why I'm noting this) where I have added an arrow to your photo, this to be a worm drive? Can you tell us more about this item Scotto?

Though I've had schooling in
mechanics, drafting, and structure. And sometimes even working in blast furnace and forging methods (creating tools and parts), expert I am not "by no means", in as far as being a machinst. I am very interested in this particular point for the build I have launched into. This in the point of examining all my options. Due to the counter clockwise rotation of the pedator 6.5 hp I've purchased. With my purchase of the Stretch Cruiser Z2, this opens the possibility of being able to mount my engine in-frame. Instead of a rear mount engine over a tricycle conversion. As it would be a better balance and opening the point of unobstructive peddles in this frame model. This even opening to thoughts of granduer in that of a Shaft Drive in the final point of the drive train.

So far I have been looking through Rush Gears, Clone Drives, Motive.it, ect., ect., to gain a clearer picture of the mechanical use and the final outcome of my build. I guess I got this thing about the cyclinder head pointing backwards doesn't set right with me. And again, with the head foreward, provides the possibility of a clear access to the peddles. So can we continue the enlightenment here, from where I caught the idea from your neighbors GEM of a Build?

Ouuuu Weeh, Good Whiskey make Jackrabbit Slap Dah Bear ...
Dang drunken Rabbit did it again, let me outta here!
.shft.

Last edited:

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
Yea that's one of the ones I looked at. There is also a couple out there who build to suite. Bout a dozen all together to choose from. This doesn't count those who have web site built by someone with less than minimal web hosting experience. One in China is using html frames holding adobe files. Yet the formulation can't be what they are intending, truely impossible to navigate. I just figure if they can't put out a good format, what can I be expecting to receive in a finished product ordered? LoL, fur sure, passed it right on by and went to the next. Worse part that many web sites do, either no price or even a calculation ranging a ball park idea of price.

Guess it's a personal critique of mine, due to working in sales and services as many years as I have. Falls to this, no price, no sale! Most leave out the point, as they believe they'll loose the sale in scaring off the customer or worring about the competition. In actual practice that's not how it is from the customers perspective. When you set your price in business, there are reasons for that price being what it is, such as the point of quality, time invested, overhead. Hey, if they wish to purchase a cheepie, that's their privledge. But in those points of our present economy, the customer is indeed looking for longevity. There will always be someone out there doing it cheaper. Comparitablely so, if they make the same and cut their own throat doing so, by going cheaper that business can't survive on it. If they produce a cheaply built product and sell it, it's short lived all the way around. Smart business people I've seen market both, give the reasons in the different prices. There in show materials and process used in construction, on and on and on. You take care of your customers and they'll take care of you in repeat business. That's the truth and key of success in business. Is my opinion and my understanding of history in the many industries I've applied my creativity in..

Anywho! Back to the focus. These worm drives come in "T's", 90 degree, straight line 180s with many different reductions actually measured in mm and cm even in difference from one to another. Even to the point of reversing the rotation permeantly. Some able to reverse the rotation in the point shifting of forward and reverse. So far I have not found one that has alternate ratio gears, for shifting in one rotational direction. Thinking maybe the made to order people. But hey, I'm imagining with the price, it's gonna hit into the high gear Zoom, Zoom league!
But, nothing ventured nothing gained
! But that is why I'm here, and why I been up till 5 and 6 am in the morning these past two weeks reading all these manufactures dialogue and specifications.

.shft.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I believe even more-so than the Disc Brake on this Excellentlly Designed home-made Springer Forks. I draw your attention to this little square box. I believe, (and why I'm noting this) where I have added an arrow to your photo, this to be a worm drive? Can you tell us more about this item Scotto?
Yes, I will obtain this information and get back to you asap in this thread.

scotto-
dnut

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
I been reading a lot here in the points of the HF 6.5hp being used in builds, Seen many very good safety tips on top of it all. Though I haven't had a build since 20 years old, I believe I have a tip I have not seen covered here at the motorbicycling forum. This especially concerning more are using this HF biggy. This of the combination of speed and weight in my experience. Course I did not have a motor on the Huffy 18 speed mountain bike I been using back in the early 90's to carry wieght like this. Something I'd never do with my then Schwinn 10 speed from the 60's. I was carry 60 lbs of wet clothes on the rear rack. In that this is a mountainous area I live in of the Adirondacks, I was hitting speeds of 50 mph. One night with these wet clothes in a army duffle bag coming from the wash-a-teria. It was late and I was hookin it. I melted the rear rim. It actually slid off from under me as the rear wheel melted. Luckily I have been an avid snow and water skier all my life,
and was wearing work boots. Skiddin on my boots, and seeing this glowing red rim moving steadily head of me from tween my legs, till the frame hit the pavement, then it crashed sideways.

So in pre-thinking out a build in use of the larger 4-strokes, remember, these are bicycles. If you are not sure, ASK! There are never any dumb questions anywhere at any time, As anything imaginable can happen. I can't bolster enough the point of investing in heavy Spokes, Rims and Rubber in such a build.

No hurry, but just waiting to see what Scotto, can find out from his neightbor on this Great Truck build, the worm drive. I got lots of time, Matter Fact my Stretch Crusier Z2 will be delivered UPS here the 20th. So that's only two pieces here so far. Still plan building and shoppin parts. Stock steel links and such. Holding off to see the frame close up and personal. See if I'll need any beefing up. Not sure that it will, I see some of the more experienced here around my age saying they thought it could handle it when asked by others. Dang their is alot of good info here! Like Silverbear and his Rustic re-upolstery bicycle seat work, Excellent! The maytag twin cyclinder build, sweet piece of the past. on and on.

By the way Ibedayank, the one worm drive you show, I believe it be too heavy to use in a MotorBicycle build. I believe the case is a cast. There are ones out there built alot lighter than that type. Those type been out there a real long time. I remember some actually came up to my chest from a concrete floor. This from when I was working at a mill as a rewinder at the beganning of the 70's.

.shft.