The Pennysworth model 1907

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
MT, thanks, I built a jig like the one CCC posted "jig on the cheap" cost me a whopping 80$ and I LOVE IT!!!
Just remove front 2 head bolts and 2 bolts in front of engine and she drops right out.

As for installing the engine, I loosen the other 2 head bolts and retorque the head to specs.

The forks had to be reinforced (IMO) And that was the easiest way, it is only meant to strengthen the bottom half of the forks. The top plate simply slides over the 2 tubes and bolts down using the steering tube.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Jus couldnt stop, so I finished tacked the exhaust together. It fit first shot, so I welded it up. Still have to grind the welds down and strip the rest of the metal. If you look you can see how many left over jacobsen exhaust systems were used. The white tube is the top tube from a Murray girls bike. So here is my 100% recycled Pennysworth exhaust.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I might do the same for beefing up the fork on my bike and just rely on the tires for shocks.

For loosening the head bolts maybe it is not as important to loosen as star pattern as is on torquing down the bolts I suppose.

I heard about cracked heads and also wheels coming off cars when not using a star pattern, so I am sold on it.

My dad told me of a story about when he was in a car on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway many years ago. With some relatives in the car, one spotted a tire passing their car. Wondering who's it was and they eventually stopped and picked it up to reinstall on their vehicle. There was just the right amount of weight in the right places with passengers that the car did not tip onto the axle.

MT

PS:

thanks for that link on CCC's JIG, I remember seeing it before

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
well installed the rebuilt carb and fired the engine up. Its sounds like a dirt bike a real ring-dinger Im having no luck uploading video

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
threw some spare parts together and it now has front breaks. made a bracket for the chain tensioner and welded it on the bike. I salvaged the tensioner off the snow blower. I still have to make a piece to mount the other end of the tensioner in. It'll have a slot cut in it for the tensioner to slide up and down in, a simple spring will hold the tensioner tight.

Attachments

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Well the gas tank in too small it holds just under a half gallon. I'll be making a steel tank to hold between 4-5 quarts. Its amazing how many things dont go as planned.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
That tank you show you made on page 5 of this thread is nice. I was thinking if you could make some way of attaching in a modular way the larger tank. This way for parade and show you could resort back to this nice tubular tank in frame design you have already made.

MT

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Mt, I'm gonna use the smaller tank on the BTR I'm building for my grandson. a boardtracker on 16 inch rims. I've got a cool lil 77cc tecumseh 2smoker for it. I'm gonna gear it so it tops out @20mph but it should climb Mt Rushmore. I've also gathered parts for a 98cc Big Wheel for him.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Mt, I'm gonna use the smaller tank on the BTR I'm building for my grandson. a boardtracker on 16 inch rims. I've got a cool lil 77cc tecumseh 2smoker for it. I'm gonna gear it so it tops out @20mph but it should climb Mt Rushmore. I've also gathered parts for a 98cc Big Wheel for him.
Tell more about this big wheel and pictures please or at least a drawing...

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I picked up the parts for the tank and braved the 0 degree tempatures. Welded in all the nipples and tacked the tank together. I'll get some .023 wire to weld the rest of it. try to keep the warping to nill' if I'm lucky. This tank holds close to 6 quarts of fuel, has a sight gage and a sediment bowel/petcock. Welp here it is.

Attachments