The OfFiCIaL Low Rider Motorized Bicycle Thread

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: The OfFiCIaL Low Rider MB Thread

I think part of the way it handles is due to the change in how the forks are from the original to the springers.

Note: Getting it ready for the motor by changing out all the needed parts.
Looks like you're off to a good start. I know you'll like those forks better than the stock ones on a MB. That frame looks like it will be very easy to motorize.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Looks like you're off to a good start. I know you'll like those forks better than the stock ones on a MB. That frame looks like it will be very easy to motorize.
Yep sure do like them better and that is why I got them because the old forks just jarred the **** out of you. I have a drum brake front wheel coming from Husky and will also replace the rear wheel with a sprocket/sprocket adapter from Pirate Cycles. Still not sure how many tooth sprocket I should get?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Yep sure do like them better and that is why I got them because the old forks just jarred the **** out of you. I have a drum brake front wheel coming from Husky and will also replace the rear wheel with a sprocket/sprocket adapter from Pirate Cycles. Still not sure how many tooth sprocket I should get?
40T and 36T are my favorites. If you motor is a 48cc I wouldn't go less than 40. For an 80 take your pick. 40T you get some acceleration, and a 30 mph cruising speed. 36T cuts down on the acceleration, but you can cruise 35 mph.

Lil bobber

May 21, 2011
HAWAII

Here was mines. Before got tierd of having a sore butt. Afther a ride
... Hope this works!!!

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

I liked the two different tire size set up on my last bike. Had 20in rear wheel and 24in front wheel. Didn't look too ridiculous and smaller rear gave me more tourque which was super nice in the woods. Made it ride more like a dirt bike on rough terrain. Also gave my bike a cool rake \m/ w/o lowering anything. Applied to a lowered bike would be imo hella sweet \m/ >.< \m/

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

Would it look screwy if I put a 24" x 2.125 on the back and a 26" x 2.125 on the front?
OOOHOO, PFFT I do it on every bike I build my wifes trike is 24 rear 26 front , an my chopper is the same , my thought was it resembles a motorcycle more , in fact my triumph has something like an 18 rear an a 22 front , dont quote me its been years since I even uncovered it , in fact now i would probably have to remove a pile of junk just to get to it .
Gary

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

OOOHOO, PFFT I do it on every bike I build my wifes trike is 24 rear 26 front , an my chopper is the same , my thought was it resembles a motorcycle more , in fact my triumph has something like an 18 rear an a 22 front , dont quote me its been years since I even uncovered it , in fact now i would probably have to remove a pile of junk just to get to it .
Gary
That's what I was thinking 24R 26F

First I was thinking that looks good, and second, I was thinking it might help a little bit correcting the steering head angle after installing bent forks.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

I let my son ride my chopper yesterday ........ needless to say ........ He's hooked , I am preety sure he is goin to break out the sister chopper to mine an we are going to build it , it's all he talks about now. its a 24 front 20 rear, heres a pic .

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

From what I am seeing and hearing then having a 26" x 1.75 front and a 24" x 2.125 rear wouldn't look out of place.
You've probably seen a Nirve Switchblade. I think it's 24-26. It's got a traditional chopper frame, with a real high crown, and long forks, but a real low seat height

Reactions: Nightster

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana

with the right frame, and tire -wheel combo it can look cool.
here's my Giant Stilletto chopper that i modified.
altho it doesn't have an engine, it's still a cool bike.
i put a 700 c front wheel on it with a skinny road bike tire.
the rear wheel is a 24" with a 3.25 X 24 " slick.
I also mounted an old muscle bike shifter on the frame, and I cut a slot in the fake gas tank for the shifter to come out of.
I made the shift knob out of a mini cue ball.
Paint on the tank and fender is aztec gold laquer / clear laquer.

Reactions: Nightster

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I also mounted an old muscle bike shifter on the frame, and I cut a slot in the fake gas tank for the shifter to come out of.

That bike looks sick dragray. I love the front end. That's real style.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

You've probably seen a Nirve Switchblade. I think it's 24-26. It's got a traditional chopper frame, with a real high crown, and long forks, but a real low seat height
Biknut is right. The Switchblade does have 24/26. The rear tire is 24X3, called a Nirve FatAss, the front is 26X2.125, Nirve BadAss.

Tom

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal

WOW, that thing is slick!! nice job dragray!

Ray