The OfFiCIaL Low Rider Motorized Bicycle Thread

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: The OfFiCIaL Low Rider MB Thread

with the right frame, and tire -wheel combo it can look cool.
here's my Giant Stilletto chopper that i modified.
altho it doesn't have an engine, it's still a cool bike.
i put a 700 c front wheel on it with a skinny road bike tire.
the rear wheel is a 24" with a 3.25 X 24 " slick.
I also mounted an old muscle bike shifter on the frame, and I cut a slot in the fake gas tank for the shifter to come out of.
I made the shift knob out of a mini cue ball.
Paint on the tank and fender is aztec gold laquer / clear laquer.
]
Drag,
I love it. That pizza cutter out front is different, that's for sure. You just gotta throw an engine on that thing, you gotta!
Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Yeah the rake, the frame, and the whitewall tires really pop, that is a really cool frame design!

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

Fabulous looking bike lamb.
Thanks man - not near as smooth as your deep6 that bike is sik \m/

QUOTE=16v4nrbrgr;448137]Yeah the rake, the frame, and the whitewall tires really pop, that is a really cool frame design![/QUOTE]

Im really digging it.

I just ran across this bike on cragslist - looks like the same frame as mine with that gusset in the frame.

Attachments

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

The new forks were a huge change over factory forks. Ride is 100% softer. I donlike that I can't run a front brake for now but I'm looking into drum brakes and disk conversions. All in all I'm stoked

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Yeah, I like having a drum on the front of the Atomic BB.

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

The new forks were a huge change over factory forks. Ride is 100% softer. I donlike that I can't run a front brake for now but I'm looking into drum brakes and disk conversions. All in all I'm stoked
if you have a welder, even a cheap harbor freight like i do, you can weld up a disk brake mount...

not the prettiest but she works.

also because this is the lowrider thread, heres a pic of my bike when i first built it.

rigid home made front forks, hard to ride at first but not too bad, i ended up commuting 30 miles round trip like this for a good couple weeks till my gf wanted to ride it. i told her not to go too fast till she felt it out but as soon as she turned the corner she went full throttle and lost control. she and the bike were a little tore up but nothing major, in the end i still decided to change up the fork setup.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

if you have a welder, even a cheap harbor freight like i do, you can weld up a disk brake mount...

not the prettiest but she works.

also because this is the lowrider thread, heres a pic of my bike when i first built it.

rigid home made front forks, hard to ride at first but not too bad, i ended up commuting 30 miles round trip like this for a good couple weeks till my gf wanted to ride it. i told her not to go too fast till she felt it out but as soon as she turned the corner she went full throttle and lost control. she and the bike were a little tore up but nothing major, in the end i still decided to change up the fork setup.
Noticed you missing cranks - how you start it (probably push start) and how do you take off from dead stop?

Your bike is sick tho I'm digging the homade rigid bent non springer \m/

And as far as welding on my pretty new chrome forks, I'm out. I'm sure I can weld tabs but I'm also sure it would ruin the chrome where I weld the tab and I really would like to keep them chrome and not painted to cover the burn spots and grind marks after welding. Appreciate the suggestion though

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

Yea the cranks weren't on in that pic cuz it was too low to pedal, I had to take them into work and torch and bend them to clear, I shortened them about an inch and they still hit if you wrrent perfectly level.

Thanks I loved the look too and wished I could keep it but I ended up going with standard Springer and straight bars with a stretched rear end for more of a bobber look now...

And yea I know what you mean about welding in the chrome, it hurt me at first too but after hitting it with a wire wheel its liveable for me at least

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

I can't remember who sells them, but you can get a disk brake adapter for your springer forks that doesn't have to be welded on. It is one of the venders that advertises on the side of this forum.

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

Yea I think I've seen that, I'm just the ultimate impatient cheap ass, if there's a way to do it right now without spending any money I'm all over it. It's a blessing and a curse.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

Holy shhhhhhhhhhh..... Was riding my bike around the neighborhood and my crown bolt on my bent springer snapped and the spring and bolt fell out. Lucky me though, I managed to sve it and not go down on my face. I've taken the springer off for now and put my factory forks back till I can find a grade 8 replacement bolt that I won't have to watch. Yikes. Scarry stuff.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Do you consider this a low rider?
Sure do. That's a great lowrider as a matter of fact. Tell us about it. That's one of the most exciting bikes I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Holy shhhhhhhhhhh..... Was riding my bike around the neighborhood and my crown bolt on my bent springer snapped and the spring and bolt fell out. Lucky me though, I managed to sve it and not go down on my face. I've taken the springer off for now and put my factory forks back till I can find a grade 8 replacement bolt that I won't have to watch. Yikes. Scarry stuff.
I guess I better stop doing wheelies over dips. What happened?