The OfFiCIaL Low Rider Motorized Bicycle Thread

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Re: The OfFiCIaL Low Rider MB Thread

Got my eye on a springer frontend. Gonna order it friday. Its the bent type, and I am hoping it strteches the front out a bit. The guy says it will drop the frontend about 1in. Is it hard to swap out the front ends? Also looking to make my own layback seatpost from stock bars off the cranbrook. I am wondering if the bar will be sturdy enough to hold my fat arse. Lol

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Got my eye on a springer frontend. Gonna order it friday. Its the bent type, and I am hoping it strteches the front out a bit. The guy says it will drop the frontend about 1in. Is it hard to swap out the front ends? Also looking to make my own layback seatpost from stock bars off the cranbrook. I am wondering if the bar will be sturdy enough to hold my fat arse. Lol
It's very easy if your bike already has a 1" steerer tube. I'll be surprised if it only drops 1". Mine dropped 3".

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

It's very easy if your bike already has a 1" steerer tube. I'll be surprised if it only drops 1". Mine dropped 3".
I asked the seller about the drop (was curious to know if my cranks would scrape after swap)and if I'd need to buy anything extra. Told him about what frame I have and his response was - bike front end will drop only about an inch. I have sold dozens of thes forks to people with the same bike as yours and noone has ever said anything about their cranks scraping.

I do have a shorter crankset from my previous bike, the sledgehammer. Was only a 24" bike and cranks were super short compared to my cranbrook. I would imagine if I had to swap it wouldn't be a huge deal. Just want to be prepared \m/

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

After I installed the Lowrider forks on my bike, the peddles were only about 1" from the ground. I couldn't go through a turn at anything except stright up, or the peddles would strike.

Maybe the forks you're buying aren't as bent as some of them.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

It also pushes the front wheel forward right? That is what I am really going for. I want to see how far I can make the bike apear to be strtched before I do any kind of frame work? Dropping the bike is a small concern as its 26" bike and there's plenty of room to go downward. I'm not overly huge dude at 6' 1", and I feel bike rides a bit high stock. And I'm not sure if I should wait to do the seatpost till after fork swap as angles will deffinatly change if front drops. I just like working on my bike lol especially on the look

Here's link to forks I'm eying
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330427985679&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=50715243355

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

yeah, it extended my front wheel way out there. Probably about five inches. It's very noticeable. The Atomic BB always seemed short before, but not now.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

Yeah I am digging that bike you got. I am trying to clone your gas tank atm and its also where I got the idea for the front end. I'm having a bit of diffuculty with the tank. I got fuel bottles, I belive yours are 1 liter apiece. Only ones I can find here are 20oz bottles but I can go pretty good distance on 20oz of fuel. I'm currently using 1 of the bottles I got as a spare fuel holder when I go out. I poured the contence of the bottle in my empty tank just to see how far I could get and went all the way to the school and back then to town and back and still had fuel left. Not much but a little. Total of about 25-30 miles. Also can't find a petcock locally to save my life. I hate ordering parts online cuz of the wait. Lool hella impatient

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Maybe this will give you an idea of the difference in length. You can see that the top tube dropped a lot more then 1".

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

Yeah huge difference and can tell by comparing top tube angle that it dropped quite a bit. As long as my pedals don't hit ill be happy I think. Not too worried about if they are an inch from the ground as I rarely pedal my bike. I decided to wait on the seatpost and instead I'm repainting my stock gas tank in attempt to get rid of rust that is was bubbling the factory paint and attempting to fix the leak by one of the mounting studs. Slightly changing the color from gloss to flat. I sure hope this time leak is stopped as I have jb welded the hole 3 times already and seems as if the jb weld didn't cure under the surface previously. This time I removed the tank to fix it as well as drained all the fuel \m/

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX

Ps why did you ditch the rear rack and mirror? I originally had the same and I didn't like the rack and the mirror broke off on one of my longer rides due to vibration.

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles

i built this bike and based it off of the bike below that norm from venicebeachmotorbikes built me (im aware he already posted a pic). the military themed one was my first build so I was pretty happy how it turned out. Pork and Beans gas tank from jeff at CCC.

Reactions: Nightster

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Ps why did you ditch the rear rack and mirror? I originally had the same and I didn't like the rack and the mirror broke off on one of my longer rides due to vibration.
I didn't like the way the rack looked after I lowered the front of the bike. The angle was wrong. The mirror had a plastic piece that broke.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

the military themed one was my first build so I was pretty happy how it turned out. Pork and Beans gas tank from jeff at CCC.
That's class. I bet you get mobbed when you show up anywhere on it. Even more amazing that it's your first.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

here is another trike I I did, guess it fits a bomber style lowrider maybe , wish I could keep it but the owner is picking it up tomorrow . gonna hate to see it go .
Gary

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

here is another trike I I did, guess it fits a bomber style lowrider maybe , wish I could keep it but the owner is picking it up tomorrow . gonna hate to see it go .
Gary
That looks great. How about posting a full size picture so we can see it better.