My bike project

GoldenMotor.com

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Now it is almost winter here in Sweden, time for some renovation, I'm pretty happy with my build, the engine is going well everything else works fine. There are some things I should change.
1. Painting: got the wrong kind of paint, could not stand the petrol 2.New front suspension: with damping and disc brakes, 3.New rear wheel: with disc brake mount to mount the rear sprocket on.
4. weld some brackets for the cdi, and wiring, making a chain guard

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Great idea about dual sprockets. I'm surprised you're the only person I have seen that's done this.

If you spring-loaded your chain tensioner and maybe relocated it, maybe you can push the chain from one sprocket to the other if you added a front derailleur. Then you might not have to add and subtract chain links.

A front derailleur is designed to shift large sprockets. It can also be adjusted for correct alignment.

I predict that if you are successful in shifting sprockets, thousands of Happy Time riders will do the same.

Let me find Staton's chain tensioner. This might do the trick to shift HT gears:

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/products/Chain_Guide_Idler_Tension_Single_speed_NuVinci-540-38.html

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Hey, if you mount a disk brake in the rear make sure there is enough clearance between the frame that holds the rear wheel and the wheel itself.

How is it going with riding on spokes using that 9 hole adapter? (What I plan on doing).

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Hey, if you mount a disk brake in the rear make sure there is enough clearance between the frame that holds the rear wheel and the wheel itself.

How is it going with riding on spokes using that 9 hole adapter? (What I plan on doing).
Hi, I will not use a disc brake on rear wheel, it is not necessary for the braking capacity, but I'll just use the bracket for the rear sprockets

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Great idea about dual sprockets. I'm surprised you're the only person I have seen that's done this.

If you spring-loaded your chain tensioner and maybe relocated it, maybe you can push the chain from one sprocket to the other if you added a front derailleur. Then you might not have to add and subtract chain links.

A front derailleur is designed to shift large sprockets. It can also be adjusted for correct alignment.

I predict that if you are successful in shifting sprockets, thousands of Happy Time riders will do the same.

Let me find Staton's chain tensioner. This might do the trick to shift HT gears:

Chain Guide - Idler - Tension - Single speed - NuVinci: Staton Inc
Hello! I've also been thinking about a chain tensioner, but I probably will not have a spring but instead a small gas damper. Now I have temporarily removed the twin sprockets because my homemade adapter was not 100% ok the sprocket wobbling a bit, must be processed in a lathe to be ok

Last edited:

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
Re: Update! My bike project

More pictures on my bike.shft. I should extend the header to about 12inc
thats interesting....i wonder if you could put a cassette on the drive side and a fixed gear on the peddle side?that would make shift kits obsolete..but i think a dérailleur and tensioner would be the problem.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik

Attachments

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
I really like this bike . It really is one of those ( more than meets the eye ) bikes .
Everything from the tank and the exaust , to the engine upgrades you have done .
I watched the video and the thing seems to take off quite well from a standing start .

I guess its never really finished , so i,ll be watching for whats next .

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I really like this bike . It really is one of those ( more than meets the eye ) bikes .
Everything from the tank and the exaust , to the engine upgrades you have done .
I watched the video and the thing seems to take off quite well from a standing start .

I guess its never really finished , so i,ll be watching for whats next .
Hello! Thanks, I appreciate that you like my bike build. It is as you say-it will probably never be finished, just developed! Since it is illegal in Sweden to drive a motorized bicycle, it means that my main interest is building. I'm not interested in a show bike, it's function that is the main thing for me. and how far you can come up with a "China engine". I will have as a target for next year - 50mph, and a yet reliable enginecvlt1/max

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
They never are finished! I got a lot of money into my bike, when I started out I had no intention of making my bike how it is now. It's the forum :D, lots of members good tips & tricks to keep us moving forward.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
The forum and the "looks" right? :D I get excited reading that thread, I'm looking forward to receiving my kit. I've talked about it with a few other bikers. Some think it's "lazy" others think it would be awesome. It's interesting.. Road bikers tend to lean more tends not liking a motor and mountain bikers tend to like the idea. Good thing I'm a mountain biker!

That's a great looking bike you've got coming along there! Might I suggest putting a waterproof stereo on the back? :D or is that getting a bit overkill. Naaah, there's never to much

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
The forum and the "looks" right? :D I get excited reading that thread, I'm looking forward to receiving my kit. I've talked about it with a few other bikers. Some think it's "lazy" others think it would be awesome. It's interesting.. Road bikers tend to lean more tends not liking a motor and mountain bikers tend to like the idea. Good thing I'm a mountain biker!

That's a great looking bike you've got coming along there! Might I suggest putting a waterproof stereo on the back? :D or is that getting a bit overkill. Naaah, there's never to much
No! no stereo, nothing beats the sound of a tuned two-stroke engine:)

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
No! no stereo, nothing beats the sound of a tuned two-stroke engine:)
Nothin beats the sounds of starting a 125cc lifan ;). I'm obsessed I know.

All that white gunk is silicone trying to make it watertight. I shouldu just used a different box..
That's the stereo I made for my bike.. Sporting my school's colors. Worked well. Gotta fix it or make a new one.

Do you ever go offroading on your bike max?

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Nothin beats the sounds of starting a 125cc lifan ;). I'm obsessed I know.

All that white gunk is silicone trying to make it watertight. I shouldu just used a different box..
That's the stereo I made for my bike.. Sporting my school's colors. Worked well. Gotta fix it or make a new one.

Do you ever go offroading on your bike max?
No, I do not use it for offroad driving, my main goal with my bike is to see how fast it can go. I do not use it for daily driving, just for top speed testing and as a fun hobby

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Hello! all. I would like some advice from you. I have been thinking of upgrading my bike building. with front suspension, disc brakes and more. Now I started thinking I will or not. Think it gets a little too much "moped" over my bike build, what do you all think who followed my build ? Should I continue to build or leave it as it is today, or building something completely new again. In any case i would like to have some ideas from all of you, what type of bike i should build

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I like it so far! Just about change nothing. As for a upgrade... the use of a good 203mm front disk brake rotor will spoil you quick. I love them.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
If you want something a little different, put on a layback seatpost, inverted/dropped cruiser bars and you've got a Board tracker :p Maybe a springer fork? At the speeds you run you'll want a solid set though...

Discs will definitely spoil you :)