My bike project

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think you should go with handle bars like a 1903 Californian had it would fit the style better Google it and take a look.............Curt

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Maybe I'll build a board tracker, they looks very cool. I got this bike when I cleaned out an old store, it's an old Swedish Cresent. Maybe it is a good starting item for a board tracker

Attachments

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
here in New England we've had the warmest winter I can ever remember or even my grandparents can remember. We've gotten snow but it melts the next day lol.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
So that wrist pin bearing bearing has held up great I take it?! I have been running Morini's for quite a while now last couple years. I got old china scraps lying around between me and some friends and was going to help some buddies clean their motors up pretty soon.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
So that wrist pin bearing bearing has held up great I take it?! I have been running Morini's for quite a while now last couple years. I got old china scraps lying around between me and some friends and was going to help some buddies clean their motors up pretty soon.
I have not had any problems with the engine since I "re-built" it. It runs better and better, we'll see this summer if i get in the "50mph" club

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
One nice thing about snow that deep, it doesn't hurt when you crash into it. :D I'm in the same boat as LS, it'll snow a couple inches then melt the next day... and people complain about global warming, haha...

Your pic is my new Desktop pic. Pure awesomesauce.

Have a good/safe one.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
50mph on a bike with no shocks and springs?

I do not want suspension(, it should look like a bicycle with a motor not like a moped! In addition, it becomes lighter without suspension = more speed. Can you drive an old Harley:) "almost without suspension" so there is no problem to go motor-cycle without. "50 mph" is top speed, that means I do not run so fast all the time. normal and the most comfortable speed is 15-20mph

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Took a ride today in the snow, soon realized that my tires are not made for snow and ice! Became a spectacular crash, but no damaged or injured :) laff Anyone have more snow?
Hello friend good night, your bike is spectacular, especially the frame with gas tank, snow does not really help much, I do not know what that is in my country there is no snow, only a small amount in the area of my residence, 3 degrees when they are already dying of cold, Laff was the friend that made the frame? Have photos of the production?

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Hello friend good night, your bike is spectacular, especially the frame with gas tank, snow does not really help much, I do not know what that is in my country there is no snow, only a small amount in the area of my residence, 3 degrees when they are already dying of cold, Laff was the friend that made the frame? Have photos of the production?

Hello! Jose´ I'm glad you like my motorbicycle, Iam quite satisfied how it became, but as I've written before, so it probably will never be completely finished! The frame comes from an old M-Bike, it's a MT racing from 1986, the gas tank in the frame I made ​​from an exhaust pipe for automobiles, it is a 3 inch pipe, there is no high quality steel, but the diameter makes it strong yet . , The tank holds about 2liter gasoline. I have no more pictures than what's in my thread how I have manufactured ​​the gas tank / Regards max

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I think you will like those! I had a spring seat post at one time. It was too thin walled and bent a little. Let us know how that post works out. It looks nice. That bike should feel very nice with those add ons!

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I have now test mounted the front fork, also assemble a new Handlebar and an adjustable stem. Will also put on a larger muffler, it sounds way too much right now, like a motocross bike. Will also take it apart to paint it, the paint I was using could not stand the gasoline: (

Attachments

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
At last the snow begins to disappear, and I can take the bike to run. Have done a little carburetor adjustment. Removed the choke to get as clear as possible for better airflow into the carburetor,and grind the intake in the carburetor for better flow

. It sounds really sharp, almost like a chain saw or a motocross bike.Jag feel very satisfied with the tuning of the engine, just wondering? how long it will last before it explodes :) :-||

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l42VDg5LbWI&feature=player_detailpage

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It does sound like it has a LOT more power than my 'mighty 48', Max!

Do you have one of those spiffy infrared thermal probes?
Would be a good thing to have when doing stationary testing, methinks...

Can it be adjusted so the idle will come down?

Best
rc

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
It does sound like it has a LOT more power than my 'mighty 48', Max!

Do you have one of those spiffy infrared thermal probes?
Would be a good thing to have when doing stationary testing, methinks...

Can it be adjusted so the idle will come down?

Best
rc
I only have a "Pink Probe" and I use my ears and my experience on the 2-stroke engines when I adjust
Idle speed is high because of I do not choke!, I pull out the throttle cable a little when I started.

Attachments

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Heh heh, sounds like a caged animal Max! :)

What colour are you thinking of redoing her in? Ceramic engine enamels are gas/oil/heat resistant, multiple colour's to choose from too. Just a thought :)