My bike project

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
somebody should make an internal 3 speed hub for mb.you could go from 30 to 40 to 50 teeth gear ratio.that would be one wicked shifter kit and easy to install

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Great build!

The rubber isolator looks like a Husqvarna radiator mount???

I dunno abt that boron stuff... may be low friction but also low adhesion.
I must be old skool... they sold me on pennsylvania crude with long-chain molecules long time ago. Yet I've run amsoil a lot in the mix.
Will even try the opti2 one day.
My kid really likes the Motul oil... if I didn't try the opti2 I'd get more Yamalube.

Hope you can post video of the speed run soon!
rc

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
First startdance1 First start of the bike, it sounds good, and responds quite well to the throttle, even though the carburetor is not adjusted yet

The video is not as good, holding the camera in one hand and the bike in the other hand!

SDC12707 - YouTube

Last edited:

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Today I did a little longer test run, to check that everything works as it should. Since the engine is newly renovated so I drove very carefully. But I did a top speed test, 73 kmh or 45mph, no problem to run between 45-60kmh (28-38mph), I'm pretty satisfied with the results of the the tuning of the engine. Fuel consumption also seems relatively low. 1 liter (0.27 gallons) consumed me at 35km (22miles) it to be about 0.28 liters / mil or (81miles / gallon) which I think is quite okay. The only thing that was not good is, the color was wrong variety, it does not tolerate gasoline so I have to paint it again. but it does not matter that much, I'll make some modifications to the frame that I need to weld .shft.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
that is an incredible beast of a bike my friend....I am purely jealous! I wish I had something like that. Excellent job. Are you going to make your own ignition system? that should be next!

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
What engine are you using? And is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
How long can you ride it (How many miles) without it over heating (most usually don't overheat anyway unless you run them hard)?

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
What engine are you using? And is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
How long can you ride it (How many miles) without it over heating (most usually don't overheat anyway unless you run them hard)?

Hello! The engine I use is a conventional 2-stroke 66cc China engine , which model or brand I do not know, there are no manufacturing information on the engine ..
I have no problems with overheating the engine, an engine which is correct built, you get no such problems. I've driven over 30 miles full throttle no problems /max

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
That's nice to hear, it keeps me feeling pretty good about buying a generic engine. :). And it seems like you can go pretty fast on such engine. Where did you get yours?

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Ok I see, do you have any other website that sells the motor you have and would be kind of like the same?

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Ok I see, do you have any other website that sells the motor you have and would be kind of like the same?
I think you can find a similar engine in ad pages here on the forum. What is important if you want an engine with good performance is to build it with new bearings, screws, balance crank, etc.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Is that what you did? I am really not new to fixing 2 stroke engines, but I am new to modifying them and stuff, but since I know how they work I think it would be an easy task.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Is that what you did? I am really not new to fixing 2 stroke engines, but I am new to modifying them and stuff, but since I know how they work I think it would be an easy task.

You may have read in my thread where you can see a bit how I have modified the engine with such additional lubrication channels to the bearings .. which helps to get good lubrication of bearings and seals, etc.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
that is an incredible beast of a bike my friend....I am purely jealous! I wish I had something like that. Excellent job. Are you going to make your own ignition system? that should be next!
The ignition system attached to work very well, tried the spark gap was approximately 10mm spark gap approximately about 20000volt. So I will not change it for now