Moto-Guzzi "Neva-Lost" Board Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Amen I have 4 angle grinders,one for grinding one for cut off one for sanding one for paint removing................Curt

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
ITS ALIVE!!!!

I drove it around the block twice. Still more work to do... finish electrical (hah, haa...check handlebars!!), make a stand, since I dont want to throw it against lightpoles and trees, front brake is not attached and fuel lines are not finalized.

It's as comfortable as a brick, I though I was going to get carpal on both wrists within 10 minutes... Adjusted the seat lower and in different position than in picture and lowered handlebars 2".

But...... it rides OK, does not seem to do anything stupid. I took it up to about 30-mph on flat road and its behaving. YES!!!!

I think I can beat slow bicycles!!! Maybe even an Amish buggy?? That maybe wishful thinking.....

I will post few more progress pictures and then its time for some really good pictures for all of you. Thanks for supporting the last 6 months, it was fun! dance1

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Pure awesome! We need more pics, woo!! A lot of us are half as excited as you are. :)

Yea there's always that point when you just want to jump on and ride, worry about the details later. Leave a couple beers for breakfast though eh ;)

jk, looking sweet, can't wait to see more of her in the wild.

This has been a great build to watch and learn from. Thanks for so many details in your posts, friggin inspiring man, srsly.

Don't get into too much trouble too soon eh. Have a good one :)

Last edited:

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
I got the 6v head and tail lights working (magneto powered). The old brass T-Ford radiator petcock leaks a bit, it needs to be replaced. Tires were not seated properly, so the ride was bouncy, I released the air, re-seated the tires and now they are OK. Horn is not yet connected and I am still adjusting the front light to get it more towards the road, insted of the sky. These are the things you just simply need to sort out before it actually rides properly.

I took it for a 5 mile ride, carb dropped off the intake and front brake (repaired) lever broke off again. I need to find an aluminum welder... I used some innovative engineering and its working again. however it really needs to be welded....

In these pictures the seat has been lowered and moved backwards, handlebar stem has been lowered. Later I also moved handlebars in slightly different position. Just so that I can actually ride it. Looking cool is great, but even better if I can ride it.

Few more teasers.....

It's been a long way from here...

Last edited:

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Few more after 35 miles of riding.

I am hunting now vintage leather football or aviators helmet.
Likevise set of goggles would be nice.

Seat is still a bit too close to the handlebars for my 6'1" frame, so I'll get a new seatpost, weld extension on it to bring it 2" backwards. That would be also period correct set up.

This baby does about 35mph on straights, so its definately faster than my other Guzzi mopeds. Uphills are not fun, the 220lbs and 49cc's should not be in the same sentence...However the altered gears, due to 26" wheels allows me to start pedaling much earlier and therefore carry better speed on hills too!

No idea yet when I get the better pictures, maybe in few weeks??? I'll try to get a video for you guys too. This way you"ll know how a moped sounds..laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lookin' good 2F2F

I found a really great pair of goggles and WW1 style aviator's leather cap at a Army/Navy store. Kind of a modern one but you can find some really funky stuff and helmets at those.

I can tell the difference with and with out a big silly helmet on by the way cars treat me. Then I had a good old face planting accident. Now will not leave the drive way with out one. Not a bicycle helmet. They lead cars to think your going bicycle speed and pull out on you or turn in front of you even though they know your going faster then bike speed.

A good helmet is great to find!

I really like my helmet and was less $ then the leather cap and goggles. I can't find any decent pics of it or used em all.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm48/dan3xd/?action=view&current=HFvid1-1.mp4

Happy can pull off the Aviator's cap really well

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Thanks Dan.

Next weekend is a big bike show, so I'm going there to have some fun at the other $50.000 chopper guys cost....

I got the helmet today, hopefully I'll receive it before the weekend:

Same with the goggles:

Helmet is somewhat correct, but re-production. I'll tie it on my car bumber and drive around the block twice, soak it in oil and bury it overnight under wife's flowers. Should look good after that, especially if I water the **** of the flowers!

Goggles are soviet garbage from 80's, but the way everything else looks there nowdays, they could might as well be from the 1920's....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh abso-expletive-lutly awesome!

Looks really cool and will give you some protection.

LOL, ya gotta report on the reactions you get!

Carol just snickered (in a good way) at your pics. She thinks we are all nuts.

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Oh abso-expletive-lutly awesome!

Looks really cool and will give you some protection.

LOL, ya gotta report on the reactions you get!

Carol just snickered (in a good way) at your pics. She thinks we are all nuts.

Well... she's right. Its never too late to be immature.
Being old is cool, you dont have to worry about embarrassing yourself.

My buddy told that it looked like an old F..ker stole a young kids bike.
Yep. Thats about correct.brnot

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har!, lol. My version (stolen) is it is never to late for a happy second childhood. Or, a reason to discontinue the original one.

At least once a week I wonder who the old guy in the mirror is.

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Hah, haa... Took the bike to Harley show in Lebanon, PA. Obviously I did loose (to a Burgess chopper). I bet its worth about 6 figures?
Had to answer a LOT of questions about the bike and most fun part was that just about everybody did not figure out what they were looking... Most popular question was:"How old it is" When I said 2 weeks, they were lost. One old guy said that kids in high school used to have these in the 40's. Sure!

I added a number plate on it, since it goes much faster when its race inspired.

Here's a pictures of the show. The red monsterchopper took 1st place.
http://ldnews.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1492831&CategoryID=1685&ListSubAlbums=0

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Uber cool Toofa! Happy lookin MBer

Way back when I was gonna get rich and happy making these things, I went to a flee market. Was a test for a hotdog cart/MB sales opportunity. A WWII vet was upset with me as my BGF powered WallyWorld Point Beach was only a yr or 2 old.

He had had one as a kid.

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
I can at this point share some pictures of the foto shoot we had last week. The bike will appear later in a well known Chopper/Cafe/Bobber magazine. When that happens, I'll post a link to that magazine.

Pictures courtesy of Asianguywithacamera, Phuong Tao http://asianguywithacamera.blogspot.com/

I have put about 100 miles on it and continue to do so. It wakes tremendous attention all over. (and continues to fool 90% of the people being "old".)

Enjoy!!!