Moto-Guzzi "Neva-Lost" Board Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Very nice. Did you make those number plates? If so how. That kick stand is interesting too.
Yes I made the plate, the number plates were made of black plexi, since I had no steel left and I was running out of time before fotoshoot;-) Well, its painted, so you would never know...

I put my wifes kettle over the plexi, used a saw to cut it off the sheet. Give it a good sanding on both sides. Paint one side off white, the other side black. Paint #7 on it and add some pinstriping. Drill 2 holes on it. Slap it on bike. It was done in few hours. Most time went to find a good font. I picked the #7, since aestitically it looked best.

Looks closely the frame behind/under the seat, right above #7 plate, on crossbar. You see 2 hooks there. The kickstand travels with the bike, right under the seat, pointing towards the tank. There was no way of getting a "normal" kick stand on this frame. I'll get a quick picture of it....

Last edited:

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
That is one Bad Ass!!! looking bike, one question will you ever get a laid back seat post?
Propably YES. I looked into it already and bought a laidback post, however I did not like how tall it was, nor did it push the seat far enough back.
I think I will do some pipe cutting and welding in next few weeks....weld

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Flip the seat clamp so that it sits up inside the seat, perhaps cutting the seat post tube down an inch and drill a hole through the seat post and seat post tube with a threw bolt and nut on each side to get the post tight, just a thought

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
I really like this bike. What is wrapped around the clutch lever?
Hah, haa.... I was afraid someone would spot it. Its copper wire, heavy copper wire. The brake lever base was broken and I have been unable to find same clutch perch/brake lever set up. It originates from 1976 Guzzi Chiu, but even after 6-8 months whoring on Italian E-bay, nothing.... So, the truth is that just like duct tape, the copper wire keeps the things together....Until further notice.

How low is that starter gear (pedal gear)? Looks like a real monster low gear.
Motor gear 11 front and 62 rear.
The pedal gear is 32 and rear sprocket is 17.

Bike does about 30-35 on flat (and been over 45 in decent down hills).
I can start assisting (by pedaling) on big uphills at around 15MPH. On Guzzi moped the pedaling starts at 10MPH. So I can actually keep better pace with this one. Except that my ass hurts. The leather seat from the land of blue cheese and french bread eaters suck. Its like sitting on the narrow side of a 2x4" board.

Attachments

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Flip the seat clamp so that it sits up inside the seat, perhaps cutting the seat post tube down an inch and drill a hole through the seat post and seat post tube with a threw bolt and nut on each side to get the post tight, just a thought
Done already, the clamp was also reversed;-)
I really need to do some welding. Might be more comfortable for my knees too, hahahahaha.... Right now I'm eating kneecaps. Its only a 26" tire, small frame bike, as low as it gets and I'm over 6ft with 220lbs. Duh.

This will keep you smiling;-)

Attachments

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_124323_-1___202349

Nashbar has the Brooks old-style saddles, here's one with high ratings, brown leather, and springs! ($115)

Talk to Josh aka moonerdizzle about the layback post. He makes his own, from a straight post, and a piece of springy flat stock, so that the majority of the post fits down in the seat tube, and the last bit is welded on the other end of the flat bar, for rearward extension and a spring.

For your current saddle, you might be able to eliminate some of the 2x4 feeling by tilting the nose down a couple degrees.

(abbr.) Except that my ass hurts. The leather seat from the land of blue cheese and french bread eaters suck. Its like sitting on the narrow side of a 2x4" board.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Has any one ever considered a Gyes Leather Springed Saddle, this one is custom made for me from the fine people at Gyes, you can see it on my thread Blood Thursty with out the crash rail, the best thing about Gyes is the price is way,way less then brooks and the qaulity is superior, the people at Gyes offer a wide selection of sizes and different designs

Attachments

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
TooFat

When I see your build it makes me see how lazy I have gotten.

There was a time not that long ago I would pour my sole in hobby projects like you have.

Your bike is really fine, and I see you really enjoyed the build.

It was surely worth it because not only you enjoy it but everyone who sees it should too.

Great job!

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Has any one ever considered a Gyes Leather Springed Saddle, this one is custom made for me from the fine people at Gyes, you can see it on my thread Blood Thursty with out the crash rail, the best thing about Gyes is the price is way,way less then brooks and the qaulity is superior, the people at Gyes offer a wide selection of sizes and different designs
I know it's been posted before, but would you mind reposting the link to Gyes?

Thanks!

-Kirk

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Nice seat... VERY nice! I may have to look into some options or increase pantsize from 38" to 42"... That should give me extra inch or two of comfort, right??? (may have to update the frame at the same time, hahahaha....)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is a purty awesome seat for less then $40.

Just a personal thing but I have always thought bike seats were insanely over priced. A good one, while art or artful is still just a dang bike seat.

For $100 or 2 hundred, I think some one should run behind me and cup my cheeks with their hands. Not like they are real hard to make or engineer.

LOL, sorry for the rant. The cost just always annoyed me for a seemingly simple thing and it is easy to criticize, not having made one my self.

(still is a bicycle seat)

Now I feel like I should yell "You kids, get off my lawn!"

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I generally agree. I don't care about titanium saddle rails (bend, not replaceable!) or virgin leather/wool (I don't care about the animal's love life, I care about the seat not tearing up). But what good is a bike of any cost if you can't stand to ride it? If you plan to have 1 seat for the next 20 years, and for it to cup your butt cheeks like a pair of hands, $200 might not be so bad.

http://www.koobi.com/content/images/interbike/interbike-brooks-00.jpg custom bike with Brooks saddle Better investment than a flatscreen tV!

Lots of good seats out there for $15-30. Look up Cloud 9 seats.

That is a purty awesome seat for less then $40.

Just a personal thing but I have always thought bike seats were insanely over priced. A good one, while art or artful is still just a dang bike seat.

For $100 or 2 hundred, I think some one should run behind me and cup my cheeks with their hands. Not like they are real hard to make or engineer.

LOL, sorry for the rant. The cost just always annoyed me for a seemingly simple thing and it is easy to criticize, not having made one my self.

(still is a bicycle seat)

Now I feel like I should yell "You kids, get off my lawn!"