Micargi Puma with twin 97cc flat top lifan's

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The final fit of the tank clip. The tank is installed now and does not vibrate or move. It is quite a solid mount and easy to remove the tank too.

Unbelievable the amount of time it takes to fabricate parts by hand with crude tools.
Worth it.
Especially when it makes it's first real noises!

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
OK Lab Rat,
Where are the pics of this Franken-chopper?
....or did I miss them?
There are a ton of build pix this project in the above thread. The build has drug on far to long. I know this - starting to irritate even me. The last pix of the JS box was the last time I touched the motor assisted bicycle. It was at the shop to be cut for 2 weeks and when I got it back I was on shift 2 weeks straight with one day off and I am not done with the run yet. I have off on Wednesday December 4th. This will be the first time forward progress will have occurred on this build in a about 30 days.

Bright side of my working woe is all OT goes to motor assisted bicycle parts! :) And things tend to really move along when I come up for air from work.

Keep the tread flagged and updates will follow on December 4th.

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
There are a ton of build pix this project in the above thread. The build has drug on far to long. I know this - starting to irritate even me. The last pix of the JS box was the last time I touched the motor assisted bicycle. It was at the shop to be cut for 2 weeks and when I got it back I was on shift 2 weeks straight with one day off and I am not done with the run yet. I have off on Wednesday December 4th. This will be the first time forward progress will have occurred on this build in a about 30 days.

Bright side of my working woe is all OT goes to motor assisted bicycle parts! :) And things tend to really move along when I come up for air from work.

Keep the tread flagged and updates will follow on December 4th.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I'm very new to this motor assisted bicycle scene, so, am still learning my way around.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Just saw that Pic. It's the "Cats Pajamas"! I like that you added the Yammy tank. I'm having the same thoughts. The stocker's look too whimpy, if you know what I mean.
I'm thinking a tank like this, if I go the chopper-bobber look..
That tank is sic. But it cost a ton. eBay is my friend. Tried to PM you but it said you didn't toggle PM on.

Click my name see my threads started you can find my other builds. Most of all I build I state where I got parts from and what the cost was but you will have to read from the start and follow to the end to find the vendors etc.

The OP may spark your interest click the link below
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46938

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
That tank is sic. But it cost a ton. eBay is my friend. Tried to PM you but it said you didn't toggle PM on.

Click my name see my threads started you can find my other builds. Most of all I build I state where I got parts from and what the cost was but you will have to read from the start and follow to the end to find the vendors etc.

Hi
I just checked my profile and see that PM is turned on. Being new here, perhaps, I need to do something else?
Interesting ..that "OP". I have a bid in on a '48 Hiawatha now. The frame, fenders, tank, rear rack. I like the vintage style as I mentioned. If it all goes as planned, do you mind if I load you up with ?s
yeah that tank turned out very nicely, too bad it's mounted on this......but, they are available for about $60-125, not counting the resto work and chroming, finishing etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD

Hi,
Looking through your post, you are a "force de rigueur!"
I see nice workmanship and well thought processes. However, I do realize it's a work in progress and constantly evolves. I'v been there, as well.
Still, not taking away any shine from your work......

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Yeah, I like to see crafty work like this. Nice work too!
When I restored my 66 Sears Blue badge Vespa, I built a rotisserie adapter to fit my engine stand. It worked like a charm. I'm thinking I can do the same, when I get to building my motor assisted bicycle.

Attachments

Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
RedRider48; sportscarpat aka worksman flyer has such a thing with an engine stand. Its nice, especially if you have one on hand. And if you don't they cost less than a park stand.