Micargi Puma with twin 97cc flat top lifan's

GoldenMotor.com

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Now that you mentioned it, I think I saw that. When I first joined, I was looking through many of the postings and noticed, what I thought, looked like the base of an engine stand, but, didn't pay much attention. I'll take another look. Gracias!

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ok this next jump in developments took 3hrs of jawing with myself and wizzkid. His welding is far superior to mine and he is teaching me a lot. We met him because he chased down TJ Burner who was on his motor assisted bicycle with his service tuck. To met another with a motor assisted bicycle. The TJ introduced us to him. Any way his skills sure have helped this build come along here toward the end.

Todays progress will be mounting the engine plate. It will be welded into the frame and the holes for the engines not set. Note: First engine plate was eliminated, this is a new one.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
WOW!
Talk about clean and compact,that's looking awesome.No exsses pagage there.
That is realy looking sharp...................Curt

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
I'm really liking the build process. It will be a hoot, when it hit's the streets.
Where did you get your plug wires? They are styl'n!
I have used these red wires on other builds and even orange on Project Orange Peel. You can buy lengths on eBay for cheap. Cloth wrapped wire.
Give credit where credit is due. Cloth wire idea was from here a while back when I started do it I saw it here first. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=43336&highlight=cloth+wire

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the good thing about your clutch being on the jackshaft is your gonna keep spinning the kubota for constant power to charge battery and run your lights my set-up is not charging in the idle position because the clutch is on the engine i have to get the bike up to about 15 before the kubota will throw a charge the bigger the pully on the j-shaft the faster you will spin the generator sweet job labrat let me know how it goes when you test ride it
glennbo

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
You finiish yet? Lolz nice dude...i just spent 2 hours catching up...nice dude
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM <=== time stamp on build.... I had no idea it been this long. I am sorry for this, had I known I would not have started the thread so soon. I didn't know a) what I was getting into when I started b) have had a time with (money) purchasing parts and c) time there is not enough time.

Also 6 other MABs were built while this one was in waiting or being worked on or perhaps not being worked on.

Let myself down with this build taking so long.