Inspiration

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'll toss a couple of my bikes in here because I was definitely inspired by the old skool BTRs when I built these!

This is my 1936 Schwinn C Model...
image-1981801051.jpg

This is my 1950 Schwinn Excelsior...
image-3936661748.jpg

JonesL

Sep 4, 2013
California
Here's a neat little single. Unique in that the engine crankshaft is inline, not crosswise to the frame. Driveline must run back to a 90 degree gearbox since it looks like it's chain drive to the rear wheel.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
This Really Cool Guy in Arizona came up too me at a car show riding the most nicest Felt Chief M/B I've ever seen and offered to trade me a frame and a box of stuff I had laying around for a couple of years for that Shapleigh frame and a 2-stroke engine,I think it was a really good trade and I'm going to have to go back to the AZ again real soon to see if I can hunt that Cool Guy down.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
truckd

just looked at the localmotors web site i can not tell if their challenge/competitions is a rip off of great ideas for their private company use
it does not seem that the designer gets a royalty etc. and other entrants ???? and their designs in their company file cabinet for further use or modification at some later date!!!

anyway their web site is very comprehensive and someone must be buying their stuff to keep it all going given their staff and participants OR someone has some significant bucks invested or investing !!! i´m kinda a jealous if their stuff is selling---
i would like to be where they are and more and get it going around the world!!!

do you have any further insight???