Inspiration

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I figured that we all could use a little inspiration when it comes to a particular style we want when building a bike as well as motivating some one else to make that first step towards building a bike or even building another for the experienced.

No matter what it is? a bike, a part, a new method, a little history, just post it, lets make this a go to thread, and lets face it we're all visual minded when it comes to a bike, what a great place to share what we come across and or dream about.

Here are some I like and a couple of cool oddities

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Attachments

Last edited:

Camaro8000

Sep 23, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Re: Insperation

I really like the style of these old 98cc motorcycles from the 40s/50s like Sachs, Wanderer or Miele. I'm trying to get one Sachs 98cc engine to build a motorized bike as a tribute, but i'm unable to find a matching frame (and I don't know
how to weld)... If anyone knows a frame I could use please let me know :)

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

The next few posts are dedicated to color and color combos, one color combo I really like is the butternut wheel color, it just fits with anything you put it next to as well as adding a vintage appeal.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Even though Flying Merkel was orange this Harley looks good wearing it even the Halcyon looks super with the Green and cream

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Even a Harley can look good in red or even white and so can a burgundy Indian

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

My current build Black Jack is a black themed bike I am contemplating the butter nut accents or burnt orange, I think the wheels would look killer in butter nut but if I do the burnt orange the wheels will stay silver with black fenders and burnt orange pin stripping.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Here a some pic's to stir the imagination,which one would you possibly put an engine in ? what engine would you use ? and what kind a paint job would you put on it ?

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are some General pic's but one imparticular is the Dion, Indian modeled the Hendee engine after the Dion Button engine with 2 hp and of course one of my favorites a Shaw.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
A little inspiration for those who like Indians and a couple of Harley's, the green Harley has a nice color combo

Attachments