Inspiration

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Funny how Children can also inspire you to above and beyond, I built this bike for my son 13 yrs.ago out of parts I found in trash cans, a wheel here a wheel there handle bars from a trash can 2 cities away the frame found in a vacant lot next to my house, brake levers off a thrashed scooter the only new thing's on this bike was the grips, peddles and tires.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That's a lot! of body work, what we'd call a TRAILOR QUEEN I'm almost sure this is Schwinn bike with Elgin components
and a ton of Bondo but still a one of none kind of bike

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Which tank are you referring to? the tank on the blue bike pictured in the avatar has a Sportsman Flyer stainless steel rear tank, the tank on the Black Jack was made out of a 3" x 4" steel tube by Dan at Taylar MotorBikes, my Indian tank was also made by Dan.

Dan does offer the tanks separately but you must supply a template for your bike in order to get a correct fitting tank.

casper

Re: Insperation

Here is a little inspiration for those into metal working
Jeff Decker, an artist in Utah has a Crocker. He also was commissioned to make the Hill Climb statue, tribute, for HD corporate offices.

The art is amazing, its a big part of our history, and the legacy we leave behind.

Jeff, I think originated from SoCal.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks for posting the inspiration truckd

the first bike is about the most quintessential sp? beauty--
sleek line and graceful efficiency and the last photo --life is an adventure isn't it???

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If you are referring to the Dayton ? Daytons are on my favorites list of seven bikes
Indian
Shaw
Flying Merkel
Reading Standard
Sears
Excelsior
Henderson

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Last edited:

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
yeah. Hmm I'll google that ****, might try to incorporate it into my current build. I like gear stuff. Yeah it looks like they don't even sell anything like that anymore. Oh well.

Last edited: