High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Same around here with hills, most are long sloping and have good long straight flats leading up to them.

Yes time will tell if you have the grunt to pull the higher gear, sometimes a gear that's to high will choke engine e and you will actually loose top speed but if you have the power to pull it the top speed will increase, wind resistance increases with faster speeds so that an be a limiting factor also.

Once you get her out and going you'll be able to see what you have and if it will be what you want you bike to act like.

Trail and error is part of all this hobby, I'm always looking for that best happy medium where I don't trade to much off on either end.

Map
Well I can feel the expansion chamber kick in at around 22mph and with the 32T it should kick in around 25 or 26. Which my cruising speed is usually about 30-35 so i should be in the power most of the time. If I have to change back then so be it no harm no foul on a $15 part! Probably won't be able to spin the same RPMs like you said because there will be more wind resistance, as well as the higher gearing will make it harder to spin the mass that extra bit. I'd be happy with a couple mph. Current top speed with the 36T sprocket on this motor was 44mph slightly downhill. I'll measure what it is on that same hill to make sure the factors are fouled too much.

Going to film this first run so I can swap over the HD lightning system and run the same route wide open so see if there is any differences in that as well.

The chain I also put on is so free moving compared to the old stock chain. This one is a nice quality brand that I bought a few months back on one of the vendors sites. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't also keeping me back some as well with the extra gunk and friction it had.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Item; Gas-Bike. Color; Desert. 1 each.

Stay with it:)
Haha Well I hadn't mention this much, but I planned on having the S.O. paint it some sort of cool design. She was very artistic in high school and I asked her if she would do something. Still in the planning and might not be done, but it would be cool! I also plan on painting the dax engine black once I get a hold of everything I need for said painting!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
So I got a chance to take the bike out with the 32T for the first time today. Wanted to take it slow just to make sure everything was on right. Good thing I did because the sprocket wobbles a little bit because it wasn't centered right and the tensioner wasn't tight enough so it shifted a hair. Limped it home 1/4 mile that I went.

Good news though is that it can still starts at a low speed 8mph actually which to me is really surprising. I can go down to 8mph and still get moving decently as well. Didn't really get to take it past 30 before the tensioner shifted. I am glad my low end still exists though!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Cause of the coaster brake I gotta grind out the center of the sprocket to fit around it. Better to figure that out now than while going 40+ down the road and have it slip!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Finally got the sprocket all figured out the son of a... Wasn't on properly because the center hole wasn't wide enough. Forgot that I had to widen the 36T sprocket to fit properly. After I grinded it out I still couldn't get it lined up properly and the chain was getting tight and slack depending on sprocket position. I found out if you just barely bolt on the sprocket and go to a loose side and tighten the chain tension and the wiggle the wheel around for a little bit it adjusts the sprocket to be even due to when it gets tight it slides the sprocket to where it needs to be. SHOULD be all solved now!

Also the piston came in today.... but... I sent it to the wrong address so it's three hours away from here at the family shop. So the other motor has to wait to be built until the weekend of feb 6. This motor works just fine and actually performs pretty well, it just doesn't perform as well as my previous GT5 did so that's why I always am calling it junk. Should be able to take the bike out for a test run tomorrow for the first REAL time using the 32T

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think I'll go to Wally World tomorrow and pick up some high performance ammo.......oh wait, they're all out of ammo. Maybe I'll just pick up a high performance cruiser instead..... they're nearly the same price ;)

Honestly.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I think I'll go to Wally World tomorrow and pick up some high performance ammo.......oh wait, they're all out of ammo. Maybe I'll just pick up a high performance cruiser instead..... they're nearly the same price ;)

Honestly.
You ever heard the old saying that goes like this...

"If you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all"

What is it with you fellas who for no good reason get your jollies by putting down other people's stuff....

Must be a pathetic life to live is all I can say....

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You ever heard the old saying that goes like this...

"If you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all"

What is it with you fellas who for no good reason get your jollies by putting down other people's stuff....

Must be a pathetic life to live is all I can say....
I guess you beat me to it... there's no need to troll on others builds just because they're not a high end build with the most expensive everything..... if the builder likes it and it's fun then that's all that matters.... I could care less if somebodys build can only do 20 mph, or if it can do 60... if they like and they're proud of their build I'll support them... and this is a very nice build btw... I like it

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I guess you beat me to it... there's no need to troll on others builds just because they're not a high end build with the most expensive everything..... if the builder likes it and it's fun then that's all that matters.... I could care less if somebodys build can only do 20 mph, or if it can do 60... if they like and they're proud of their build I'll support them... and this is a very nice build btw
Amen....

We all do what we can and want with what we have, no reason to hate on people's projects just because it's not what you like or have, if you want a Jaguar or BMW buy one, but don't hate on others who like Ford's Chevy's and Toyota's.

To most of us this is a hobby not a religion.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
That post back there was a BIT condescending. Some times the guy having the most fun is doing it with the basics. No image to up hold. Truth is that if speed qualifies then most any street bike can dust even the best MB in first or second. Fooling around with different ideas and concepts and sharing them is what this hobby is all about. Even if ones equipment is superior, running down the other guys is bad form.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
"You can have a certain arrogance, and I think that's fine, but what you should never lose is the respect for the others."
Steffi Graf

"There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance."
John C. Maxwell

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So did you get that sprocket issue hammered out YesImLDS?

Glad to hear that the brief run with the 32T seemed to work out the way you had hoped it would, keep the info coming on the build up, I'm hoping the bike will do everything you want it to do as you get all the typical little kinks worked out.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
So did you get that sprocket issue hammered out YesImLDS?

Glad to hear that the brief run with the 32T seemed to work out the way you had hoped it would, keep the info coming on the build up, I'm hoping the bike will do everything you want it to do as you get all the typical little kinks worked out.
Just got back from testing out the "fixed" solution. Went better than expected! Rear wheel has a slight wobble though, but you can't tell when riding. I'll sort that out at a later time. Aired up the tire to a good PSI and was smooth sailing. Re-adjusting the chain tensioner as I plan to tighten up some bolts here and there and take her out on another run where I will try for the top speed that the 32T has. Only problem is today is super windy so that would fog up the results. Might wait for another day for that one. Hit 40mph though on flat with the wind against me which is really impressive for what it is.

Anyways I am proud of the build so far and getting pumped for the dax lower motor I am building as well. Should be a decent running bike if I say so myself!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just got back from testing out the "fixed" solution. Went better than expected! Rear wheel has a slight wobble though, but you can't tell when riding. I'll sort that out at a later time. Aired up the tire to a good PSI and was smooth sailing. Re-adjusting the chain tensioner as I plan to tighten up some bolts here and there and take her out on another run where I will try for the top speed that the 32T has. Only problem is today is super windy so that would fog up the results. Might wait for another day for that one. Hit 40mph though on flat with the wind against me which is really impressive for what it is.

Anyways I am proud of the build so far and getting pumped for the dax lower motor I am building as well. Should be a decent running bike if I say so myself!
Good deal...

One thing about it, is you'll. Know what you have for sure when you get it done.

Whatever you do just make those rides safe ones...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
40 MPH? Holy mackrel! Keep it slow for awhile partner, there are so many things that could go wrong. Baby steps.
On the other hand... it is fun to go fast! ;)

Safety first. Have fun, keep us up to date.
Ditto....

yep until I ge5 some riding in and have a chance to make sure everything is as good as it can be I dont wind her out.... so easy to overlook something when you're excited about getting the bike fired up and on the road for the first couple of times.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I've been looking at this thread for a few days now, What caught my attention was the title. I've never heard High performance and wallyworld used in the same sentence before. Dont get me wrong, My baby is a Cranny Too, 2010 and 2011 Cranbrooks came out with the heavier welds and steel rims with 12 guage spokes. I was fatter back then so I went for the heavy duty frame and wheels. I'm poor also so of course I do most of my shopping at Wally World. So far, The Hussy has been a pretty good ride.
I hope your luck is as good as mine has been.
fatdaddy.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Good deal...

One thing about it, is you'll. Know what you have for sure when you get it done.

Whatever you do just make those rides safe ones...
Ditto....

yep until I ge5 some riding in and have a chance to make sure everything is as good as it can be I dont wind her out.... so easy to overlook something when you're excited about getting the bike fired up and on the road for the first couple of times.
Exactly, that's why the first ride was a slow 10-15 mph ride to make sure we got all the quirks worked out. Fixed quite a bit, then took her on a second ride then fixed some more. THEN went a little fast

I've been looking at this thread for a few days now, What caught my attention was the title. I've never heard High performance and wallyworld used in the same sentence before. Dont get me wrong, My baby is a Cranny Too, 2010 and 2011 Cranbrooks came out with the heavier welds and steel rims with 12 guage spokes. I was fatter back then so I went for the heavy duty frame and wheels. I'm poor also so of course I do most of my shopping at Wally World. So far, The Hussy has been a pretty good ride.
I hope your luck is as good as mine has been.
fatdaddy.
Haha I love the cruiser look. My biggest complaint is how HEAVY it is. Bike with motor probably weighs a good 80lbs