High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Man I had a customer come in here a few months back and he REALLY wanted some of my used wheel weights... they were just in the way to me so I gave him a couple 5 gallon buckets full... I could have cast most of that into bullets, but I'm sure that's what he wanted it for.

my dad used to reload all his 30.06 rounds when I was a kid along with a few of his other guns, a few 30.30's and some .22's for target practice. I remember he had it down to a science just how much charge to put in since too much is simply too much and acuracy starts to suffer. Seen another guy overload a .44 magnum pistol and it blew up in his hand at the shooting range, the guy was damn lucky it didn't mess up his hand or worse... it blew out the chamber and bent the top bar that supports the barrel, leaving the gun totally useless.

Ok... back on topic...
ive been loading ammo since I was 13 years old, had an uncle who was a commercial custom loader, i learned a lot from him and also one of my best friends dad was a really good caster and handloader, so i aquired some knowledge from him also.

wheel weights make good bullets for hand gun cartridges and even good low velocity plinking loads for some rifles, just run them through a lube-sizer and crimp a gas check on the base and they do a good job for plinking and even small to medium game short range hunting.

I use a small amount of lynotype alloy in mine to make them hard enough so barrel leading is keep under control.

Ammo loading and things down these linescome tosurface in my blood every fall, and I tend to put other things on the back burner and start working up new loads and experimenting with differents aspect of loading for the rifle i plan to take my whitetail deer with.

Im no expert but i know enough to enjoy working up good loads for myself and some friends and family, its fun working up difernt loads in search of the component combination a particular gun likes best, there is no suchthing as a universal load, factory loads are ok and get the job done just fine, but not a single load I shoot can be bought anywhere, they're all custom and I really enjoy working them up.

sorry for the brief hijack here YILDS....

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Those Suntour forks are good and you get it at a good price too
My biggest trouble with forks is that only one of my current bikes can use 1 1/8" stem forks and there is a bbutt pot load of those out there, much harder to find a good variety of 1" stem forks.

I know suspension forks add weight to a bike but it sure makes for a nicer ride and takes a lot of wear and tare off the front wheel and tire, thats a huge plus for me since I ride so much on rough roads.

I actually need about 4 sets of the 1" stem suspension forks but Ill just get them a little at a time as I find them.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
My biggest trouble with forks is that only one of my current bikes can use 1 1/8" stem forks and there is a bbutt pot load of those out there, much harder to find a good variety of 1" stem forks.

I know suspension forks add weight to a bike but it sure makes for a nicer ride and takes a lot of wear and tare off the front wheel and tire, thats a huge plus for me since I ride so much on rough roads.

I actually need about 4 sets of the 1" stem suspension forks but Ill just get them a little at a time as I find them.
I would always like to have some sort of suspension as like you said it's a much nice ride. You know you have a suspensionless bike when you ride one. I like to have a nice cushioned seat with some springs underneath it as well because I don't ride motor bikes to feel like I well ya know.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I know what you mean and I can tell you straight up you need to get on amazon and serach cloud 9 cruiser seat and get one, most comfortable seat I've ever had, got one on all 4 of my current running bikes.

after posting this Ill find link to exact ones I have.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I have one almost exactly like the cloud 9 seat, but from wal mart. Dual springs underneath and an awesome cushion. I think it was about $25-30 though. Definitely worth the investment.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
(quote from Dave, Man I had a customer come in here a few months back and he REALLY wanted some of my used wheel weights... they were just in the way to me so I gave him a couple 5 gallon buckets full... I could have cast most of that into bullets, but I'm sure that's what he wanted it for.)

Dave you did the right thing for sure if he was your customer). I to reload
ammo. I went into town here to a shop I have never been to before that day.
I ask the owner what he did with his old wheel weight. He said he gives
them to his buddy for fishing weight.

I said I under stood, but I would pay him for them at the going rate for
lead.He said no. I wished him a good day & went across the street to a
shop I have bought tires from in the past.

I ask him if he had the same. He said sure & just gave me some at no charge.
Guess where I buy all my tires from now?

Fly dance1

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
(quote from Dave, Man I had a customer come in here a few months back and he REALLY wanted some of my used wheel weights... they were just in the way to me so I gave him a couple 5 gallon buckets full... I could have cast most of that into bullets, but I'm sure that's what he wanted it for.)

Dave you did the right thing for sure if he was your customer). I to reload
ammo. I went into town here to a shop I have never been to before that day.
I ask the owner what he did with his old wheel weight. He said he gives
them to his buddy for fishing weight.

I said I under stood, but I would pay him for them at the going rate for
lead.He said no. I wished him a good day & went across the street to a
shop I have bought tires from in the past.

I ask him if he had the same. He said sure & just gave me some at no charge.
Guess where I buy all my tires from now?

Fly dance1
Exactly... I hadn't seen him back at the shop but he sent work my way by telling the other shop that was doing the engine work on his truck about me so I do alignments for that shop now too :D

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Lucky for me last week I went out to throw some trash out in my dumpster and I flipper the lid up but had to stop because somebody threw some bike parts in there while I was away... most of it was useless junk but there was a really nice schwinn gel seat with built in led tail light.... took it out and hit the switch, no light, went into the shop and grabbed some fresh batteries and it worked... guess where that seat is installed now :D

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Well next weekend the other motor will be built and put together. Also planning on buying a disc brake front rim as well as disc brakes are left to be purchased as well. Should be a decent stopping cruiser at that point! Still need to figure out the exhaust, but I'll do that when I have access to power tools as my apartment isn't really a shop!

Also snowed here this morning so no more riding for a little while for me! Going to probably paint the motor a flat black and the bike I am still wondering about a design to have it painted, but for the time being it might be flat black as well.

Going to polish up the shiny bits I have which consists of the snake pipe and the fred head and I guess my 32T sprocket so I can have a contrasting shiny and flat black kind of look going on. I guess I'll just have to see once everything is put together! Need to figure out my uh home made velocity stack cup too, just remembered that. That'll probably be more of a look thing that functional.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
I had a real nice elastomer seat and it sucked, I replaced it with a sprung cloud 9 seat and it is amazing!!!

That elastomer seat is a wasted purchase now

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Boy those fred heads shine up real nice! Bought some aluminum polish and worked in this sucker for a good fifteen minutes. I can see my reflection in it pretty nice!

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Whats that second sun coming towards me on the road!?

Think Brooks... I'v had the same B17 for 25 years and I don't know how many bikes.
Well worth the $$$$$$
If I wasint sold on Brooks before... I may be now. :)

Sweet mercy Your gonna blind folks on the road with that thing! lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
those leather seats look nice but Ill take nice soft comfort with a good gel seat myself, no way I could stand to ride with a seat like that.

They look very nice though for sure.

just give me my very comfortable Cloud 9 seats, much easier on the man parts and the south end of the rest also....lol!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Wow that head is shiny!!
I always keep a small jar of that Mother's aluminum polish on hand for my motorcycles but hadn't tried it on my Fred head or the aluminum parts on my bike yet... the stuff obviously works great there too.. I'm really liking that look.