CulverCityClassic "Dyno" 99cc Build

GoldenMotor.com

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Picture a day: made spacers on my dmb lathe, got stuff lined up. Got my clutch today. Dang I got a free Sunday, the only thing in my way is a hang-over... Then again I may ride....
looks good Jeff, counter sink those sprocket bolts unless those are just mock up bolts in there for now. I am waiting to see this thing run to see if I want to switch my cruiser over to a four stroke .

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Picture of the day: got my brake set-up on the rear completed. Hub and sprocket spacers completed.

Added a pulse fitting to the in-take for the fuel pump, made gaskets for the in-take and carb.

I have been put on notice from the gf...dmb help...Andy help....

Attachments

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Picture of the day: got my brake set-up on the rear completed. Hub and sprocket spacers completed.

Added a pulse fitting to the in-take for the fuel pump, made gaskets for the in-take and carb.

I have been put on notice from the gf...dmb help...Andy help....
Oh no that's not a good a good thing when your put on notice .

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
sorry bud, but like rat's on a sinking ship your on your own.''**** has no fury like a women scorned'' J.C. Christ wrote that along time ago... still pretty much rings true today. i'm not sighning on this one bro, NEIL

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Today's pictures: moved the motor down over an inch, made sure the jackshaft and chain worked out. Looks better. Pulled the motor and removed the governor. Drilled and tapped the side cover for a oil fill and vent. Cam was removed and will get re-ground... By Isky...

This bike has become a lot of work. But it will be worth it...

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
how cool is that! the old man [the camfather] is as sharp as ever. priceless pic. any thoughts on the rod? dennis

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Picture of the night: got the side cover to accept a fitting for the vent/oil fill, good luck to anyone trying to complete this cuz it was a b-tch. Vented custom cap. The case was tapped and plugged.

The cam was re-ground now the worry is the rod.... It looks like the weak link.... No 7500 rpm runs.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice Hefe! I started my 99cc today for the first time to see if and how it runs before tearing down and cleaning it out. Ran it for 5mins. and it runs like a champ. Let the build begin! Some pics from today......

I'll be starting a thread on the build soon enuf.......can't wait!

EDIT: dmb Dennis, this engine is going on the "not to be blue much longer" Dyno that you gave me, thank you very much bro, yer gonna like it!

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I call it the "flame thrower"! It's just a flange w/1" stuck in it.....it will grow from there and will hopefully be kinda quiet for street use. That's the plan anyway.

Now back to Jeff's work of art and craftsmanship......