CulverCityClassic "Dyno" 99cc Build

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
What are you referring to jimmy when you mention a piece of plastic on the bottom?....I'm standing mine up too like this and I'm curious.....thanks Bruce

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
bike is looking great!!are you still waitin on the cluch?? im dyin to know how it runs!! and how the **** ya going to stop that thing you aint got any brakes

glenn

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
What are you referring to jimmy when you mention a piece of plastic on the bottom?....I'm standing mine up too like this and I'm curious.....thanks Bruce
I took a piece of lexan and silicone it to the bottom of the crankcase as if it was the front cover. I could see the oil in the crankcase as I poured it in. When it got to the bottom of the rod I stopped. Then poured it into a measuring cup. Used the same plastic on the front cover pouring oil in it to the same level. Poured that in with the other oil from the crankcase to get the total for the crankcase. Looking through the clear plastic I could see the rod as it turned. The oil slinger hits the oil and will sling it up to oil the inside just fine it looks like to me. I have no idea what level the oil should be at. Bottom of the rod, below the rod, 1/4 inch up the rod?
The amount of oil was only 8oz.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I am still waiting on the clutch, and they are waiting so they can ship all the items one time. I did order a clutch from another source.

I will have brakes on the bike, disk on the front Hope floater""and maybe a jackshaft disk setup.

Having changed the back rim I now have chain clearance issues, I knew I would. Time to chop, cut and rebuild the chain stays.

This was going to be a bike to ride to work.... Looks like it may get raced too....

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looking great Jeff! I've got to build a new rear triangle on my slant, that would be seat and chain stays. I crashed it hard yesterday into a steel barrier pole and a concrete wall when my throttle stuck open. Wasted the rear wheel and snapped the hub in half.....a costly little crash. I'll try to get in touch again....
I won't be working on my 99cc till I fix the 212.....a nice way to end the year.

Happy New Year!

scotto-

.bf.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I took a piece of lexan and silicone it to the bottom of the crankcase as if it was the front cover. I could see the oil in the crankcase as I poured it in. When it got to the bottom of the rod I stopped. Then poured it into a measuring cup. Used the same plastic on the front cover pouring oil in it to the same level. Poured that in with the other oil from the crankcase to get the total for the crankcase. Looking through the clear plastic I could see the rod as it turned. The oil slinger hits the oil and will sling it up to oil the inside just fine it looks like to me. I have no idea what level the oil should be at. Bottom of the rod, below the rod, 1/4 inch up the rod?
The amount of oil was only 8oz.
ahh okay...you used it for a temporary window to see what was going on and get a measurement......I was confused and thought you had added a baffle or windage tray of sorts....thankyou for clearing it up

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Question for you, it may seem stupid but, I have the predator 79cc
with no oil pump how will the oil reach the lifters if I mount it vertically?
I think by splash only is what theyre planning....theres alot of spray going around in there when ones running, so It's probably okay.......I suppose if one was really worried they could tand one up and start it without the valve cover...oil reaches and youre all set id say.usflg

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I worked on the bike and made an off-set sprocket for the pedal side of the back wheel. Tomorrow I will cut the back end of the bike to make room for chain clearance. I will also make a custom brake arm to clear the drive sprocket. I have time to fab now since waiting for parts.
Question- why not use a wider hub (like Puch moped) instead? Drum brake built in, and the hub may be wide enough for the clearance you need. I had to spread the rear drops on my Dyno to make room for this moped hub.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
who among you thinks its a good idea to demand that Jeff post at least one update photo each day?....and the penalty if he resists?laff

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Dmb the older I get the less sleep I need...

Picture a day: fat azz frame mod... The back tire fits with lots of room.

As far as a moped hub... They are all hype... And don't stop... The coaster brake does a better job...

Added a picture: rode with the Iceman at the beach today... Can't beat cali

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah cCc.....ware due u git dem teeny weeny sprocketts from? Dan'S comp?

Is dare a small krank dat go's with it?? Pweeze help. helP. laff

Pahleeeeeze.

dnut whole