Wow.....

GoldenMotor.com

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
So i almost got flattened by some old geezer must have been 80+ years old drove trough stop sign here never looked left or right i had the right of way and he damn near hit me had to stand on my breaks and after i did hear a snap......coaster break and the inside of my rear wheel is all broken....got a huffy 26" nel lusso so can i buy new axle insides for wheel or am i F....cked and have to buy a brand new wheel.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
So i almost got flattened by some old geezer must have been 80+ years old drove trough stop sign here never looked left or right i had the right of way and he damn near hit me had to stand on my breaks and after i did hear a snap......coaster break and the inside of my rear wheel is all broken....got a huffy 26" nel lusso so can i buy new axle insides for wheel or am i F....cked and have to buy a brand new wheel.
Gill, Huffy wheels are junk and I can say that as I own a Huffy too, and that is how I got in this hobby / low cost transportation. I rode the Huffy a whole summer without brake failure but I use a front side pull brake before going to the coaster brake.
I did a quick search and Huffy repair parts can be had.
Your call Gill, My winter project is upgrading my rolling gear on the Huffy, I have a freewheel built by MBRebel for the rear and will probably use one of her Sturmey Archer front brake wheel builds. I'm
making a improved engine mount for the 49cc Huasheng is a must do, but my home machine shop is up to the task . Let us know how you resolve your mechanical problems. This forum and another are a huge resource. Mining it is rewarding.
Tom from Rubicon

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I was almost killed the same way. Luck was with you. many of the people here use breaks and tires that are unfit for what we are doing.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon