Will it

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Has a lot to do with what size 4 stroke you plan to use. However, you aren't limited to a mid-frame mount. You can also use a rear-rack mount, like what's on my bike.

If you plan to keep the fenders, use the search feature on the forum to get threads on how to reinforce the them.

20221126_004015.jpg

Reactions: fasteddy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Aluminum frames are something to stay away from... 14ga wheels another no can do also... I had one of those and it was the worst bike I've ever had and gave it away...

2stroker412

Oct 31, 2022
Aluminum frames are something to stay away from... 14ga wheels another no can do also... I had one of those and it was the worst bike I've ever had and gave it away...
What bike is it? What problems did you have?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I have a Kent Bayside, will the 4 stroke fin on it?
I'm sure it would fit just won't last long and be dangerous to ride... I would use a steel frame for the ease of welding and modifications... A friction drive or something like sidewinder has is probably going last longer being 33cc or something like that... The rear drop outs is something to consider... For the trouble of getting everything done I would use a steel frame... Hubs and wheels are another topic

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
A Shelby frame and a AliExpress frame... There almost the same and steel... The 180mm steer tube is going to be a fit for a lot of 1" threaded forks the rear facing dropout is going to be strong and easy to adjust and have more options for motors a dirt jump frame is going to be similar with 1 1/8" steer tube and would be a strong frame to build from... The Cranbrook is another option and a go to for the Walmart frames being steel and a common size for everything... There's a ton of posts about the Cranbrook but the nel luso version with the rack has had problems with the frame breaking on the rack... If was me I would trade the Bayside in for a Cranbrook and the wheels aren't so bad for a first build and you would have more ideas and support for the build...

Attachments

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
QUOTE="Mossy, post: 703413, member: 55364"]
[/QUOTE]
14 ga Sapim, Wheelsmith, and DT spokes are far stronger than department store 10 ga spokes.

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
QUOTE="Mossy, post: 703413, member: 55364"]
14 ga Sapim, Wheelsmith, and DT spokes are far stronger than department store 10 ga spokes.
[/QUOTE]
We're talking Walmart Kent 14 ga...:)

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry