Why the leaking/puking carb?

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I have sealed the area around where the carb fits the manifold, the carb is 99% level (bubble is in the brackets [ ( ○ ) ] ) , the fuel line is the right size, the needle valve is new and where it sets is clear and as a matter of fact I have used two different carburetors one of them being brand new and it is still leaking out the air hole it even does it if I have the petcock shut off.

I've tried everything and I literally mean everything that I have ever found on this forum the other forums and on YouTube and I still can't get it what am I doing wrong?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
It's uncommon but the knock off carbs can leak from poor castings through the porus pot metal... Or it's a poltergeist... Maybe a sage smudge would help:)

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
And yes I've checked my float and yes I've bent the float armatures down that hold the float I tried every freaking thing I can think of and I still cannot figure it out.
Put the float height back to specs,

It's the Float Needle Valve
Clean the float needle valve & seat, the smallest speck of dirt will let gas overflow out the vent
Replace the float needle valve if ya have to

Make sure your float don'y have a hole it in or it will fill up with some gas and the needle valve will stay open

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I've had a small piece of plastic from inside the new fuel filter get in the carb and float around in there blocking jets and causing the float to stick... Then it would hide somewhere when you took it apart... Fun times

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Ive gone over it 3 times with magnifier glasses and carb cleaner, compressed air checked the float, all the orafices, new needle valve, checked the primer hole, and it is still leaking.

F*** it I'll only put enough gas in it that I'm going to burn in the ride I'm tired of wasting gas.

Reactions: Mossy

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Ive gone over it 3 times with magnifier glasses and carb cleaner, compressed air checked the float, all the orafices, new needle valve, checked the primer hole, and it is still leaking.

F*** it I'll only put enough gas in it that I'm going to burn in the ride I'm tired of wasting gas.
Buy a new carb, that'll fix it

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022

Buy another one just like it.. then put the poesesed one in the box the new one came in send it back... Luck of the draw give it another shot

Mossy

May 20, 2022

I've had a pin hole in the fuel line weap down and appear to be the carb but it's happened and a radiator hose I bought had one in it for the tag hanger having a misfire... If someone stabbed you fuel line with a needle it's would be hard to figure out...