Which paints do you use?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by Xiodinc, Feb 14, 2010.

1. lopee

lopee New Member

I agree with you on all fronts, its a shame that its harder and harder to find commissions as it does come with a bad "brand name".

Heres my pup, transfered from a stone lithograph i did in college, also on the same wall.

Attached Files:

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

If you could airbrush and miniaturize that kind of work you could do some really nice fuel tank art. Just a thought. :)
    Tom

3. fluorescentadolescent

I will be using a paint I bought from alsa. It's black until you touch it or the sun beats on it (heat sensitive-reactive)and then it turns blood red.

4. HighCycleNM

HighCycleNM New Member

I've had good luck with a rattle-can urethane clearkote. Makes for a durable finish, so you're not scratching up the paint just putting the bike back together.

5. mark880088

mark880088 New Member

If you have a air compressor you can pick up a spray gun pretty cheap. I suggest a gravity feed type, there much easier to use. Then you can use any paint you want, spray base coat-clear coat paints, and adjust the spray pattern. Here's a tank i did. I used House Of Colors Pitch Black as the base coat, then added some metallic flake to the clear coat. Wish I hadn't added the flake, it looked much better plain black. I love the shine though, you can see a reflection of me taking the pic.

Attached Files: