where to get base gaskets

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by crassius, Nov 16, 2016.

1. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

anyone know of good source for 8mm stud 80cc base gaskets in the thick fiber style? the ones that are tan color and have a crosshatch pattern embossed on them

I see gaskets at cozymart, but can't tell from pic what they are.

2. crassius

thanks but I've seen that - got LOTS of head & exhaust gaskets and don't even know what that intake gasket would fit

could use about 20 & 8.99 don't cut it for each

got plenty of thin base gaskets here too - looking for something in the .50 to 1.50 price range for a bunch

3. Agreen

Agreen Member

I know how you feel. I went looking for clutch cover gaskets once, and could only find them in the kit for $15. I needed like 6 to space the cover for my cent. clutch. Wish I could help more, but that's the only good base gasket I've seen. The rest are the cheesy thin ones.

4. crassius

yeah, 40mm needs two to clear the piston at the head - no hurry on them yet, but I'll need some sometime - I'd hate to have to get 100 at cozymart for 0.48 and use five at a time to get spacing right

5. Agreen

Agreen Member

There is another option that I'm sure you've probably considered already. You can get rolls of gasket material (actually, you'd want sheets for something that thick) and cut them with a really sharp knife. The unfortunate part about this is the time involved.

6. crassius

I'm so old that working with a really sharp knife probably isn't a good idea : )

7. ezrider

ezrider Member

Here's the issue I have with the BikeBerry heavy duty muffler gasket I was thinking of ordering from:

Thats 30 mm or 1.1811 inch spacing. The stud spacing on my 66/80cc 2-stroke is: 41.275 or 1.625 inch spacing.

Am I missing something here or what ??

_

8. crassius

probably the right one, but may be intake gasket, desc text is so often wrong - worth sending them an email if you want to get one that expensive

I rarely look for anything less than a 10 pack so they're under or at a buck apiece.

9. ezrider

ezrider Member

Where do you get those ??

_

10. crassius

don't have bookmarks at this 'puter, but usually from china or thailand shops with a 2 to 4 week shipping time as I'm just stocking the shelves and not in a hurry

cozymart in china is one place (note: shipping on heavy parts gets expensive, but light parts are really cheap)

11. ezrider

ezrider Member

Let me know when you have the gaskets available.

12. crassius

if/when I find some, I'll let you know where they are

13. ezrider

ezrider Member

Any luck yet with the gaskets ??

_

14. crassius

no, can get some if need becomes worth 4 or 5 bucks each, but nothing cheap in bulk yet - so few sellers out there even know what they're selling

15. crassius

came in today - ten full gasket sets for $11.19US

got a base gasket at about 1/32inch of black material - I note that the clutch cover gasket is tan with embossed fiber pattern at about 1mm thickness - that's what I'm looking for in a base gasket - maybe I can use three black gasket to replace two tan gaskets

got them here: "http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-Gasket-Kit-Set-Fit-2-Stroke-80cc-Motorized-Bicycle-Push-Bike-Engine-/322025158520"

16. Potato_In_Exhaust

Who needs a base gasket, YO........ run without it to raise the exhaust port to the roof for more horsepower, gnomesayin'?!

17. crassius

my motors need a couple to keep piston from hitting head