When am I going to learn

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bought an engine on ebay.

I bought it from an engine repairman who stated I dont work on blowers so I don't know what is wrong with it.

It came in with absolutely no compression. The spark plug had been removed so it was obvious that the piston was not moving. the pull cord had no resistance at all. When I opened it up the piston rod connector was broken.

If I knew when I pulled the cord that the engine was not turning over how did a professional repairman not know. When am I going to learn that ebay is just a crap shoot with the odds against me lol.

I got a carb that is probably good but nothing else is worth a crap. I only have ten carbs from WW that I blew up lol..

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
an engine repair man didn't know what was wrong because it was a blower....I don't know if he knows this, all 2-stroke IC engines function the same, lol.

Sorry you got the short end of the stick on that one :-/ Maybe next time you'll get a better deal.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im going to buy from craig's list from now on so I can listen to them run. AT least see if they have compression and spark.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I sold a old car once to just get out of the shop. It was junk but only charged $30.00. I had the guy sign off "parts car only" . It was not an hour he came back waving a check for $900.00. Turns out this guy was a used car salesmen. He even told me how much a fool I was. I can not see how anyone takes pride in ripping off someone. I know I have to answer to a higher power and would rather lose money then rip someone off.