Wheel question

GoldenMotor.com

Popeye

Apr 6, 2015
La Mirada
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question regarding wheels. I have 68 spoke wheels on my bike and wanted to know if the 9 hole sprocket that comes with the kit will fit?

Below is a pick of said wheels.

Thanks

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Long story short, they won't work, although nothing is impossible. Some have made them work by removing spokes in the way of sprocket bolts or by bending. So not recommended at all. Your wheels look cool and strong however 36 spoke count with 12 gauge spokes and steel rims coupled with a Cnc hub adapter is best. I buy new huffy Cranbrooks for good but cheap donor wheels and then I part the rest of the bike out for many spare parts. One can buy these new donor bikes for 79 bucks brand new at Walmart. Ala carte Wheel sets are usually 150.00 or more. Mag wheels are nice also as they have sealed bearings and a 6 hole sprocket bolts direct to the rear mag wheel. I then Add front and rear long reach squeeze brakes as the coaster brakes are junk to use or depend on.
You can use the search engines and find others who have made the 68 spokes work somehow. If you need any links for components let me know.
Again this is what I do. Many good valid opinions on here.

Zip---

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I forgot but you can always use a jack shaft system so you motor supplies power to the pedal side. More money and time to do but they do work well.
Zip---

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I hate to counter someone but the huffy wheels are junk even though there 12g spokes. If you have ruff roads like I do here in chicago you want a min of 11g spokes like you can get from lynn at http://custommotoredbicycles.com/ or better yes a set of super wheels from LabRat a member of this site. His wheels use moped hubs and 10g spokes they are monsters but with labrats wheels you want to be running a 4 stroke because the sproket is a 54t.

now all that said if where you live and ride the roads are smooth for the most part then the huffy wheels are fine for the most part.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I don't live in Chicago and the roads here are very smooth. Keep in mind 90 percent of bikes come with thin 14 gauge spokes now days and sport aluminum rims. Yep much better custom stuff is available but at a much greater cost and time so if you can afford better by all means do it. Huffy rims are pretty solid and affordable when purchased with the whole bike. I always add front and rear brakes, grease bearings well and they will take plenty of abuse. The cheap coaster brake always go unused on my bikes, but is there in a emergency I supposed.

Popeye

Apr 6, 2015
La Mirada
I hate to counter someone but the huffy wheels are junk even though there 12g spokes. If you have ruff roads like I do here in chicago you want a min of 11g spokes like you can get from lynn at http://custommotoredbicycles.com/ or better yes a set of super wheels from LabRat a member of this site. His wheels use moped hubs and 10g spokes they are monsters but with labrats wheels you want to be running a 4 stroke because the sproket is a 54t.

now all that said if where you live and ride the roads are smooth for the most part then the huffy wheels are fine for the most part.
Thanks for that bit of info, its much appreciated.