Wheel Master wheel came in!

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Oh man. This is the last wheel Cronus will ever have. Bar none.
It came with a cassette. My bad. No big deal though. Chain still laces up but it gave me a perfect excuse to take it to the local bike shop.
Dude was like "NO WAY LET ME SEE THAT!!" He picks it up and says it's not even heavy at all. And this is a seasoned roadie bike mechanic. I tell him the Wheel Master makes these wheels for us big guys. He tells me he gets bent rims come in all the time and that wheel would put him out of business!
I can in fact get a single sprocket any number of teeth apparently they have a kit but for now it's cool.
Take a look at the pics. That one pic shows you four wheels I have ruined since riding my bikes. Two from Cronus. Two from MOOP One. Broken spokes. Money spent on buying new rims. That original black rim was trued twice at 20 bucks a shot.
Basically what I'm saying is that for what the wheel master charges you for his wheels you are saving yourself a lot of headaches. And money too.
I'll bookmark this thread and let you all know how this wheel is turning out,but right away I think this is nearly indestructible.
Just LOOK at those spokes!!! It's even thicker than the back wheels on my Worksman Trike! (Buggy Bike)
I went for a ride on the Buggy Bike today and it was pretty cold out. Got back about an hour ago. Drank some hot chocolate. I'll get that 48 tooth swapped out from the wheel that's on Cronus now. It's bent as well and wasn't even the right rim for the bike. It's a 26.1 something designed for thin tires. One bump and the rim bends.
I'll post more pics of Cronus with the wheel installed soon.

THANK YOU WHEEL MASTER!! YOU RULE!!!!

Attachments

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I can't find anything on that site. The search function doesn't seem to work. Everything I enter results in "No products match your search". :(

I hit a "Buy Now" button for super wheels and it opened a compose window in my mail client. :(

How did you find your wheel? And, if you don't mind, how much was it?

Ted

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
Ooooops, ok, here's the deal, you can have your choice of three different gauge spokes installed in your wheels for $190 (not includeing shipping) #10, #9, or even #8 gauge, I like it best when people send me their existing wheel for me to re-spoke, I'll have brand new wheels for sale soon, obviousely the price will be more when I supply hubs and rims as well, here's some info, the wheelmaster 37637 39th ave south, Auburn, WA 98001 253-927-0271 (my cell) 253-380-8371 shoot me a call and we'll talk wheels.. thanks everybody ! Jim

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Heh. Guess I'll be building my wheels myself.

No offense, but I don't need motorcycle wheels on my MB.

And yes, I (and my OCD) can build wheels. The secret is to get all the spokes as uptight as I am. ;)

Ted

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
Your right, spoke tension is one of the major keys to success ! I think my lifetime gaurantee is worth a try, it's kind of a no lose situation, but I wish you the best on your wheels anyways, everybody has their own ideas, I certainly don't condemn them ! all the best !

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Back about 1959 or so when I was throwing newspapers I would check the front spokes every morning after fixing the flats. :( The bike was already upside down and I would go through them all plucking the spokes and tuning by ear. Very easy to tell when a spoke was loosening up. :)

Back then us Independent Businessmen (paperboys) all carried a spoke wrench in our pocket. We also carried a skate wrench in the other pocket. LF are you old enough to remember them? For tightening your skates to your tennis shoes? (Sunday School shoes held skates on better but you'd better not let Mom catch you skating wearing those! :eek:

The papers, folded and stuffed in a huge bag hung on the handlebars weighed quite a bit. I don't ever remember destroying a wheel but did go through a few tubes. My dad's answer to my wanting a new tire was always "You can just boot the old one".

We used to drool over the ads for the paperboy and delivery bikes we could buy on the installment plan subsidized by the newspaper. We couldn't afford them of course.

We also dreamed about the "Motor Routes" if you had a motorcycle.

It's cold here this morning. I'm glad I don't have to throw papers on a morning like this. When I did and the wind was blowing in your face sometimes you would have to turn your head way around just to breathe.

Y'all have a good day.

Ted

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
It's cold here this morning. I'm glad I don't have to throw papers on a morning like this. When I did and the wind was blowing in your face sometimes you would have to turn your head way around just to breathe.

Y'all have a good day.

Ted
I don't know how cold it is there, but it was 5 degrees when I left for work this morning. I would hate to be delivering papers in this weather on a bike, especially with the icy roads.