What type of clutch is this?

GoldenMotor.com

justin871

Nov 12, 2018
I recently purchased a Huasheng 49cc kit, was looking at getting the Gru-bee 4G 80t transmission, will it fit?

I've never seen this type of clutch before. If you google "Wacker RM75 clutch" you can find it online.

Attachments

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Justin, welcome!

I don't have one to measure but am sure some one will chime in.

I like it, though. Lots of contact.

Am sure someone will chime in and enlighten us both.

Reactions: justin871

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
Hopefully you got the 4g intended for a tapered shaft instead of a straight shaft. I like how much surface area that clutch covers. Do you know the engagement rpm for it?

justin871

Nov 12, 2018
Yes I did, it mated up perfectly. The clutch seems to engage around 2850rpm based on feel and fully locks up around 3400rpm. These are just first impressions and I will update after a few more rides. The clutch material seems a bit soft but the surface area is impressive.

justin871

Nov 12, 2018
It's engaging more around the 3000 rpm mark, with lockup at ~3450 rpm. This is just an estimation after my ride today. With my gearing (19.56:1) with 29 inch wheel the lockup is 15mph, so I try to stay above that figure during rides.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Bill Augustin

Jul 9, 2018
Glad you understand how to keep your clutch alive longer. Had to explain to many folks why their clutch was lasting only 2 weeks max because they like to cruise at low speeds below lockup...
Thanks for the info, now I know why my 49 cc 4 stroke clutch only lasted a month, can these clutches be rebuilt with heavier springs? I have been trying to find a better clutch because I don't ride very fast through town because there are too many people cutting me off and turning in front of me, other than that I cruise wot. B:)

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
My advice to get your clutch to engage at lower speeds is to get a larger rear sprocket. Will increase acceleration but lower your top speed. Odds are you are running the poorly geared cheap kits with the 3:1 transfer case. I would suggest a 56 tooth rear sprocket minimum if thats the case.

Bill Augustin

Jul 9, 2018
My advice to get your clutch to engage at lower speeds is to get a larger rear sprocket. Will increase acceleration but lower your top speed. Odds are you are running the poorly geared cheap kits with the 3:1 transfer case. I would suggest a 56 tooth rear sprocket minimum if thats the case.
My clutch engages on first take off,I noticed the spring side faces inward on the shaft,the long shaft,not the tapered one,is this right?