What are some things I should know?

GoldenMotor.com

80CCsOPower

Jul 31, 2020
My kit is arriving on the 4th or 6th of august, an 80cc 2-stroke kit, I know the basic installations and break-in period and the normal fuel-oil ration.

I want to know if I should replace certain parts like sparkplugs, etc.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I haven't done a 2 stroke for a long time..there are threads in this forum about "re doing" the wrong stuff ..some was change out the hardware, upgrade to a 3pc hub adapter..if you absolutely have to run a tensioner put it on pedal side or weld on motor side, port and polish
.dont remember the rest

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
My kit is arriving on the 4th or 6th of august, an 80cc 2-stroke kit, I know the basic installations and break-in period and the normal fuel-oil ration.

I want to know if I should replace certain parts like sparkplugs, etc.
Because every install is slightly different any modifications needed will likely be specific to your particular situation. Start putting it together then figure out what isn’t exactly right and fix it.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
My advice is going to be for after the bike is up and going, if you plan to ride in the streets. I normally advise people to get a bicycle computer to monitor your speed. Be aware motor vehicles will pull out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going. To them you just appear to be a bicycle approaching. Thoroughly obey all traffic laws. Stop signs mean come to a complete stop. Sidewalks are off limits and use hand signals so other driver's know what your intentions are. You should at least get helmet mirrors so that you can be aware of what's going on behind you. Here's some helpful videos so that you employ good cycling habits. Be sure to watch all 3 parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dryheatbob