Weed Wacker Shaft Short

GoldenMotor.com

Friction

Nov 25, 2008
On planet Earth
scratg hello everyone I need some help with my weed wacker engine i have found out that my shaft is really short its only a wee wee wee bit under 2 centi-meteres! long:-|| what am I gonna do cant just throw away a perfectly good engine. It also doesnt have any threads but i can braze my drive wheel on instead.

with the housing on the engine the shaft doesnt stick out at all and if i trim it until i reach the tip of the shaft it will cut right through my pull start ugghh!!:-|| hellp!!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im sure that it is threaded so weld a nut couple of larger nuts. when that is done you will have some thing you can run a larger bolt into. Tread something onto the bolt to use as a drive whell, ie a skate board wheel ect.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Its about the weld and the balance. You could also get yourself a axle peg with a hole in it, the run your bolt down on it after you slip it over your driveshaft. Im sure there's enough room for that. or weld your nut onto the outside of axle peg That should also work.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
DON'T MOST WEEDWHACKERS HAVE A SQUARE DRIVE HOLE? iF SO, USE AN OUTBOARD BEARING AND SPROCKET BETWEEN. KW

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
2cm=about 1in short but you only need about 1/2 in about 1cm for a peg to hold onto? This doesn't seem to be much of a problem... Don't get me wrong it's nice to have more to work with but, it shouldn't do you any harm.

Trackfodder, that is on the clutch. When you strip all that fun stuff off you are left with a drive shaft that the clutch attached to that is of varying lengths depending on the brand and if there was a clutch. Most new cheapo WW don't en have a clutch which I think will do 2 things: force us WW builders to look for older and older WW to build with and 2 drive me insane. Most WW now are 25 cc unless you get a professional model. While I'm glad to see the WW designs get better and better and more fuel efficient I realize that the 25cc and less are not as usefule for bikes, though I'm working on a needlessly complex modification to see if I can get it to work.