V8 engine on a bicycle? anyone? Seriously...

GoldenMotor.com

Merlin

Sep 17, 2008
one day I'd love to put one in a little motorbike frame.
All through Asia there's millions of motorbikes from 100 - 250CC, It would be really something to put a 100CC V8 in one of those. Obviously it would take some major headache solving - [transmission? shaft drive?] etc etc, but it would be unique.

I'll say it again: I wonder what it would sound like?

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
All through Asia there's millions of motorbikes from 100 - 250CC, It would be really something to put a 100CC V8 in one of those. Obviously it would take some major headache solving - [transmission? shaft drive?] etc etc, but it would be unique.

I wondered the same thing, and found this, listen here.....YouTube - Mini V8

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia

Ahhh... yes, but that is the great thing about it, it's the challenge...on how we can put this beast into a frame and enjoy all the things it can give... the roaring engine, the exhilirating speed... i can just dream about it...

I think a shaft drive on those chainless bicycles would be a good combination with this beast. The shaft drive can come in an 8 speed internal geared hub.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
how bout a v12?

YouTube - V 12 Modellmotor RC Engine

Not sure what the specs are though. Looks a little small.
Yup, it does sounds very good. But Nitromethane is too expensive for fuel to be used going in the streets. And engines like these are these are quite sensitive to external temperatures. If you put this engine on a bicycle, it can probably only be used on a race track, and for some serious competition...:D