Urgent Centrifugal Clutch Change needed!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Predator303, May 22, 2012.

1. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Hi guys. I am preparing my bike for the first clutch exchange (Centrifugal Clutch Kit) but I am having difficulties opening the nut in the center of the old installed clutch. Is there any trick to stop it from rotating so I can get the nut open without actually damage something? Thank you very much!

2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

You can try stuffing a piece of rope down the spark plug hole to keep the engine from turning.

3. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Any other ideas?

4. maurtis

maurtis New Member

I have done it two ways on my HT, by stuffing leather cord in the spark plug hole (but be sure to leave enough slack hanging out so you can remove it!) as well as using a penny between the large gear and small bevel gear. The penny will get caught between the gears and stop them from turning but is soft enough to not damage the gears.

5. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Yes, that was the problem with the gears because I trie that but with a screwdriver but stopped before the pressure go too much. Anyways Joe, it worked. Thank you for the idea. I really dont like to mess with that area to keep it 100% clean from any particles but I found a plastic rope around here and I put some tape around it to make sure nothing falls inside of it. Worked well. Thank you!!

6. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Alright sorry but another question. Now that the screw is out the clutch still wont come off. Is it just stuck or there are any other screws or nuts I need to open first?

[​IMG]

The nut on the other side with the magnet doesn't have to be removed in order to take the clutch out right? Its the first time I'm dealing with a One Cylinder engine, I just don't want to damage anything. Looks so fragile.

7. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

8. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

I just read about that in the search here, yes thank you. I didnt knew because the clutch will be shipped tomorrow. From what I could see on other peoples pictures of this clutch, mine is really dead now.

Im really thankful for all the fast help here toeverybody!

9. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

The kit came and the freaking bolt was missing.. But a second clutch was included accidently.

10. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Does anybody have an option to get the clutch out without the bolt and what size the thread is for the bolt? Could an eyebolt be useful to pull it out?

11. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Well. I just took the clutch out with a screwdriver