Upgrading 49cc flying horse 5G 4 stroke to a 79CC predator.

GoldenMotor.com

Chippa

Nov 5, 2015
Round Rock, Texas
I have the FH-5G-4Stroke:STD on my bicycle now, been running for over 2 years. Everything is fine.

I just need a we bit more power. I would like to drop in a Predatory 79cc from Harbor freight.

Can I just swap the motor out, or will I have to get a new Transmission? I seems like I can just get a new clutch flyweight, so that I can go from the tapered shaft to the straight shaft.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Chippa

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I am working on a predator build now. The predator transmission is always listed alone. Do not think it will interchange.

Chippa

Nov 5, 2015
Round Rock, Texas
Did your predator engine come with dimensions for the screw hole mounts surrounding the output shaft?
I can't seem to find any dimensions on the internet, all I can find is pictures and screw hole sizes.

Geordan White

Jun 9, 2019
Roseville California
Hello ..I just did this same upgrade with my Onex 29er. I would definitely change the transmission. The transmission for my 49cc was completely different. I ha to change ... the engine mount, the engine and the transmission. And then I had to play with the gearing. I’m running the standard 79cc Gasbike CNC transmission with a 56 tooth CNC sprocket and adapter.. and this seems to get off the line good with little vibration and chattering.. but I also elected to change the spring in my centrifugal clutch from standard to a “ green spring “ engages at 2000-2200 rpm.. the standard spring engages at like 1800-2000 and I still had chattering off the line....so with all those changes... I have lots more torque and speed for sure.